PDA

View Full Version : What shares are best to buy ? Who to support?

Alfieconnssideburns
18-01-2015, 17:26
We ( my family) have a legacy to invest in our club. So many opinions but confused over the options. A couple of posters have been contacted re this without success. Serious question, who's actually best to contact ? You may feel easier sending me a PM. If so, do so.
Mia

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2015, 17:28
Join BuyRangers.

http://www.therst.co.uk/buy-rangers/

You are investing in a fans block. And if you or your heirs ever need to get your money back if you make a substatinal investment you can apply to get the investment out and will be paid out at the value of the shares when you withdraw.

Alfieconnssideburns
18-01-2015, 17:31
Join BuyRangers.

You are investing in a fans block. And if you or your heirs ever need to get your money back if you make a substatinal investment you can apply to get the investment out and will be paid out at the value of the shares when you withdraw.

Ok thanks am looking it up.

Baloo72
18-01-2015, 17:33
There are differences between the two current schemes

GS has outline the main one and one reason I'm in the RST

That and the fact the RST are active in fighting for the club and the support

cooprfc
18-01-2015, 17:34
I asked this in another thread-

What is a community share, what does it entitle you to and how long/how much must you contribute to get one?

barneybear
18-01-2015, 17:40
Join BuyRangers.

Can you clear this up for me.

The RST are buying shares on the open market.

How do the RST hope to buy shares from the Easdales or Ashley or Margarita etc. Surely it is those shares the RST (or anyone with Rangers best interests) need to purchase and they are not gonna sell for anything less than 35p, so I'm led to believe.

It is no good people just buying shares from fellow supporters that think the same.

Greenock Bear
18-01-2015, 17:41
I asked this in another thread-

What is a community share, what does it entitle you to and how long/how much must you contribute to get one?
You get your community share, and voting consultation rights for such, as soon as they receive your first money paying into the pot.

As I understand it, you get an equal share of say in how the overall voting share of the share bloc is used at AGM / EGM on a one member=one vote basis, regardless of whether you pay a fiver per month, or more than this.

I think the reasoning behind it is that all members pay in what is affordable to them.

Hope this helps

cooprfc
18-01-2015, 17:45
You get your community share, and voting consultation rights for such, as soon as they receive your first money paying into the pot.

As I understand it, you get an equal share of say in how the overall voting share of the share bloc is used at AGM / EGM on a one member=one vote basis, regardless of whether you pay a fiver per month, or more than this.

I think the reasoning behind it is that all members pay in what is affordable to them.

Hope this helps

It does mate. Thank you.

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2015, 17:47

How do the RST hope to buy shares from the Easdales or Ashley or Margarita etc. Surely it is those shares the RST (or anyone with Rangers best interests) need to purchase and they are not gonna sell for anything less than 35p, so I'm led to believe.

It is no good people just buying shares from fellow supporters that think the same.

If they ain't going to sell then they ain't going to sell.

We need to create the conditions where they will sell or else open up a new share issue where they can be diluted by other investors.

old bluebell
18-01-2015, 17:47

Hope this helps

my understanding was you are entitled to your comm share when you have attained the £125 mark ,( for those on monthly DDs) , I joined last Feb and am awaiting mine now , no doubt someone will confirm ,

tauntonbear
18-01-2015, 17:49

Why would fellow supporters be the ones selling ? They've invested with the Heart not the Head.
It'll be people/institutions that have run out of faith in the Board's ability to deliver Shareholder Value more likely. Supporters know these guys are rogues out to line their own pockets - others who invested purely for Financial return must be running out of patience with the Share performance by now so it'll be that bloc that's likely to be cutting their losses & running I'd have thought.

Alfieconnssideburns
18-01-2015, 17:50

One thing as I understand it we must realise is Ashley is quids in ! He can hold onto his shares. He is, whatever anyone thinks of him a brilliant ( brutal) buisness man. Should King and The Three Bears win control he wins anyway. Ibrox will fill up again. Investment will be muted as they simply can't compete with what's out there. We simply just want to do THE right thing. Just don't know who to trust. Too many bloody fractions and distrust.

awilliamsonjnr
18-01-2015, 17:50

Both schemes have to buy from the open markets. Even if the shares being purchased were already likely to be supportive, the consolidation this into a cohesive voting block can be useful and the higher the % more responsibility that can bring (such as calling an EGM etc). Each are at circa 1% but there seems to be increasing uptake, then this is likely to be important especially with the current battle for control at Ibrox.

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 18:00
Buy Rangers for me. Might even put more in soon

awilliamsonjnr
18-01-2015, 18:03
Not my forte in any way, but this being the case, surely the rats have access to buying from the open market also ?, so how does the RST get the shares before the rats ?

All sides can purchase from the open market (hence the name). It is possible that they can buy privately but that suggest a sympathetic seller who wants to sell to them. I would suspect at the moment that the share price will sneak up as those battling for control and the fans ownership group trying and add to their portfolios.

Fury
18-01-2015, 18:04
Not my forte in any way, but this being the case, surely the rats have access to buying from the open market also ?, so how does the RST get the shares before the rats ?

Not all shares are held by those either pro or against the board. People buy shares for all kinds of reasons but almost everyone offloading at the moment is either not going to vote at all or vote for this board. Every share we buy is a sure fire vote for change based on members previous votes. Overwhelmingly so. We can make a difference through Buy Rangers. It could be a crucial difference.

awilliamsonjnr
18-01-2015, 18:08
Every share purchased is a definite yes,rather than just a possible / maybe (it may be that some small shareholders won't complete the forms / forget etc).

Also, it gives us a clearer voice in the future.

Bluenozebob
18-01-2015, 18:10
Not all shares are held by those either pro or against the board. People buy shares for all kinds of reasons but almost everyone offloading at the moment is either not going to vote at all or vote for this board. Every share we buy is a sure fire vote for change based on members previous votes. Overwhelmingly so. We can make a difference through Buy Rangers. It could be a crucial difference.

Cheers Bud.
Another questions please.Namely being overseas based, what should I look out for when buying shares via the RST / Buy Rangers (IE- Do I have to fill in paperwork to proxy my vote to the RST / Buy Rangers for the EGM - or how does it work ?)

Thanks in advance.
BNB.

SM
18-01-2015, 18:20
Cheers Bud.
Another questions please.Namely being overseas based, what should I look out for when buying shares via the RST / Buy Rangers (IE- Do I have to fill in paperwork to proxy my vote to the RST / Buy Rangers for the EGM - or how does it work ?)

Thanks in advance.
BNB.

The shares belong to the RST who poll members before the AGM/EGM.

bluenose1968
18-01-2015, 18:28
Asked this in the 'every pound counts' thread but hasn't been answered thusfar so I'll try again in here.
When 1 of the vehicles (for buying shares for the fans) buy some shares, who are they buying them from and at what price? Is there a surplus of unsold shares or do we have to wait until shares become available, ie, someone wanting to sell them?

jimbear
18-01-2015, 18:30
Take Suck's advice asap. It matters.

awilliamsonjnr
18-01-2015, 18:30
Asked this in the 'every pound counts' thread but hasn't been answered thusfar so I'll try again in here.
When 1 of the vehicles (for buying shares for the fans) buy some shares, who are they buying them from and at what price? Is there a surplus of unsold shares or do we have to wait until shares become available, ie, someone wanting to sell them?

They is NO surplus of unsold shares. For every purchase, there has to be a seller.

Blue Nose Bear
18-01-2015, 18:31
30% didn't vote at the last agm. That'll be punters buying from nominated accounts online in portfolios as an investment opportunity or a punt to see if they increase in value to sell at profit. They wouldn't get info through the post about agm, EGM or voting options.

Better off in fans hands that will use the voting rights.

Valley Bluenose
18-01-2015, 18:39
30% didn't vote at the last agm. That'll be punters buying from nominated accounts online in portfolios as an investment opportunity or a punt to see if they increase in value to sell at profit. They wouldn't get info through the post about agm, EGM or voting options.

I worry that many if our fans are buying via nominated accounts, i.e. via their brokers, and don't get the opportunity to vote. If you buy independently then buy 'certificated' or get a letter from your broker authorising you to vote.

See advice elsewhere on the forum.

Several threads on this, here's a couple:

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=1036684

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=1036659

Having shares is good - having votes is better!

Fury
18-01-2015, 18:40
Cheers Bud.

Thanks in advance.
BNB.

Once you join and sign up to Buy Rangers you will have a login for the website. Via that you can vote on how you wish the RST to vote at the upcoming EGM. That's all you need to do. No forms, no proxy needed.

Bluenozebob
18-01-2015, 18:43
Once you join and sign up to Buy Rangers you will have a login for the website. Via that you can vote on how you wish the RST to vote at the upcoming EGM. That's all you need to do. No forms, no proxy needed.

Magic. I will be buying tomorrow.
Thanks Chris.

Number_Eight
18-01-2015, 18:47
As a long-time advocate of fan ownership, it's BuyRangers for me.

Purpolaris
18-01-2015, 18:49
I've joined both of them. They're both doing a good job.

JaggyBunnet
18-01-2015, 18:53
Just a question, i already have some shares but want to buy more, would i be better waiting until after the EGM bearing in mind that the 4 Bear once victorious will proceed with a share issue that i could buy in to, would the shares i buy now be diluted?

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 18:55
Just a question, i already have some shares but want to buy more, would i be better waiting until after the EGM bearing in mind that the 4 Bear once victorious will proceed with a share issue that i could buy in to, would the shares i buy now be diluted?

Now means more chance of good guys prevailing

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2015, 18:55

Not if you took up your allocation in the new share issue.

Say you bought 1000 - the terms of the share issue might mean that as an existing shareholder you have first refusal to take up another 1000 and maintain your percentage of shares.

Ace
18-01-2015, 18:56
Contributed to both RF and BR until during the week when I saw a page dedicated to Sports Direct on the RF website, I just couldn't continue supporting an organization that was so out of touch with the reasons I had for joining it in the first place. Doubled my BR contribution due to this.

rossco1
18-01-2015, 18:56

This is a bit worrying. If 30% did not vote at last agm does that mean we need 51% of the other 70% to force change?

Valley Bluenose
18-01-2015, 19:01
This is a bit worrying. If 30% did not vote at last agm does that mean we need 51% of the other 70% to force change?

No, we need 50%+1 vote of the numbers that vote on the day not of the total shareholders.

DjurgardenBear
18-01-2015, 19:01
Contributed to both RF and BR until during the week when I saw a page dedicated to Sports Direct on the RF website, I just couldn't continue supporting an organization that was so out of touch with the reasons I had for joining it in the first place. Doubled my BR contribution due to this.

I saw the thread, and that quite frankly is ridiculous reasoning for cancelling. I doubt RF even noticed it, as the list of cashback retailers is lengthy, now looks to have been removed.

RST has the same setup through easyfundraising - and has raised over 1200 from the scheme by the looks of it.

ally-c
18-01-2015, 19:02
Can you pay month with buy rangers

rossco1
18-01-2015, 19:04
No, we need 50%+1 vote of the numbers that vote on the day not of the total shareholders.

Thanks for that. Feel better now. Does anyone have a list of the definite votes for and against to see where we stand.

DjurgardenBear
18-01-2015, 19:05

Pretty sure you can pay it by monthly DD mate.

ally-c
18-01-2015, 19:06
Pretty sure you can pay it by monthly DD mate.

Cheers lad. I will check it up

4J's
18-01-2015, 19:08

Yes you can.

Six different option on the DD.

There is also a single transaction option.

ally-c
18-01-2015, 19:09
Cheers 4 j's

Madrid Bill
18-01-2015, 19:09

I'm not a fan of the trust for my own reasons but their scheme although not perfect is positive for the club.

I doubt you'll find many fans trading the shares they have on the stock exchange, fans keep their shares, forget about them, they are fans, it's not an investment, it's being part of the club so you have answered your own question.

The shares on the open market around the 25p mark will be some of the people Charles Green conned into investing cutting their losses.
These people would previously have voted with the current board for stability. Or maybe not have voted at all so are better in bears hands.

JaggyBunnet
18-01-2015, 19:11
Say you bought 1000 - the terms of the share issue might mean that as an existing shareholder you have first refusal to take up another 1000 and maintain your percentage of shares.

This was what i mean if i bought a 1000 share now for lets say £200 i would be offered the chance to get another 1000 but i would have to pay another £200 for the 1000 to maintain my percentage. Would i be able to buy a bigger percentage for my £400 if the share issue happens?

Fury
18-01-2015, 19:19
Ok, thank you. So, that leads me to ask, do the RST/Rangersfirst negotiate with the seller the price for available shares or do they just meet the sellers asking price? Is there a maximum price per share they will pay and what is it? Cheers

We obviously try to purchase as low as possible. Given the situation we will also try to identify sellers who either will not vote or would vote for the board. Although the latter are a dwindling bunch we do have a couple of possibilities. Everything we do is about achieving the outcome our members want.

ss87
18-01-2015, 19:29
I was just about to create a "Rangers First vs Buy Rangers (RST)" thread until I saw this one.

I already have my own shares anyway, but am nevertheless interested in these schemes. I have always felt fan ownership is the way forward. I like the way things operate for a lot of the German clubs.

I have had a read at the websites for both the RST and RangersFirst schemes and unless I am mistaken they are both attempting to do the same thing.

Not really sure what one (if any) to invest in.

As I mentioned before I am all for fan ownership, but I don't really understand why we have separate schemes. Why don't these 2 come together as one that everyone can get behind?

awilliamsonjnr
18-01-2015, 19:35
We obviously try to purchase as low as possible. Given the situation we will also try to identify sellers who either will not vote or would vote for the board. Although the latter are a dwindling bunch we do have a couple of possibilities. Everything we do is about achieving the outcome our members want.

If we can actuall identify people who will vote for the board and who are willing to sell their shares then both the RST and (if you don't have the funds) Rangers First need to be buying them as soon as. I'm sure that many of the contributers would even look to step up their contributions if necessary if this was something that was realistic.

bluenose1968
18-01-2015, 19:37

Right, cheers for that. So, is there a maximum the 2 groups will pay per share? Also, I ask this knowing that you may not want joe bloggs to know how much you are prepared to pay so if this question goes unanswered, I'll presume that's the reason; what is the maximum the RST would be prepared to pay? Another question I think I am entitled to know the answer to, before I commit to joining either vehicle is, if there is a maximum price that either group would be prepared to pay, who decides what that maximum is? Many thanks in advance.

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2015, 19:46
I saw the thread, and that quite frankly is ridiculous reasoning for cancelling. I doubt RF even noticed it, as the list of cashback retailers is lengthy, now looks to have been removed.

RST has the same setup through easyfundraising - and has raised over £1200 from the scheme by the looks of it.

Hopefully they do notice and get around to reporting what they were discussing with Llambias in December. :roll:

Fury
18-01-2015, 20:11
Magic. I will be buying tomorrow.
Thanks Chris.

Good man! Welcome aboard!

Fury
18-01-2015, 20:14
Right, cheers for that. So, is there a maximum the 2 groups will pay per share? Also, I ask this knowing that you may not want joe bloggs to know how much you are prepared to pay so if this question goes unanswered, I'll presume that's the reason; what is the maximum the RST would be prepared to pay? Another question I think I am entitled to know the answer to, before I commit to joining either vehicle is, if there is a maximum price that either group would be prepared to pay, who decides what that maximum is? Many thanks in advance.

The board is voted in by the members each year and they would decide. Is there a maximum? We would always be sensible but if it was the difference between winning and losing this EGM we might feel it worth paying a premium. It's a decision that will need to be made in context.

DjurgardenBear
18-01-2015, 20:17
Hopefully they do notice and get around to reporting what they were discussing with Llambias in December. :roll:

Why don't you stop dropping hints and tell people the story then, if there is one?

Who, officially representing RF, met Llambias?

Alfieconnssideburns
18-01-2015, 20:22
I'm talking about a substantial sum. Anyone on the inside feel free to PM me.
Many thanks
Mia

Alcatraz Loyal
18-01-2015, 20:37
Why don't you stop dropping hints and tell people the story then, if there is one?

Who, officially representing RF, met Llambias?

It's irrelevant anyway. RF will vote on each resolution at the EGM according to the wishes of the membership. The membership will be polled prior to the EGM. It was the same before the AGM.

Honestly don't get the hostility toward RF. Many members of BuyRangers are also members of RF and vice versa, both groups want essentially the same thing, both operate in a similar fashion (in terms of monthly subscriptions) and both will be voting against the current board and for King and co, so really what is the problem here?

bluenose1968
18-01-2015, 20:39
The board is voted in by the members each year and they would decide. Is there a maximum? We would always be sensible but if it was the difference between winning and losing this EGM we might feel it worth paying a premium. It's a decision that will need to be made in context.

Thank you fury. That has settled my mind. I'm going to have a look at both schemes, do my maths and take the plunge. Buyrangers looks the more likely at the moment. God bless all who want to save the Rangers from the cancer that sucks the life from her.

stubert
18-01-2015, 20:40
Just signed up. That was easy.

Valley Bluenose
18-01-2015, 20:44
I'm talking about a substantial sum. Anyone on the inside feel free to PM me.
Many thanks
Mia

Whilst both the fans schemes are laudable, if it's a substantial sum you wish to invest then I would suggest buying via a broker. Make sure you advise them you want to buy 'certificated' so the shares are in your name. Bound to be some out in Australia that will sort you out. Some advice upon these two threads.

In order to then have an influence on voting at the EGM you could proxy your vote to the RST.

Here's how:

LINK (http://www.therst.co.uk/regulatory/proxy-voting-rules/)

Having shares is good - having votes is better

scottcr4
18-01-2015, 20:53
To join Buy Rangers you need to first of all join the RST is it the same for Rangers 1st ??
If you pay for the RST lifetime membership what happens to the £100?
If I had £300 spare what's the best way to get as many shares as possible before the EGM

Thanks for any advice

Bluetwo
18-01-2015, 20:56
Join BuyRangers.

I joined for a life membership today, also bought one share.:scarf:

rangers51counting
18-01-2015, 21:00
Join BuyRangers.

You are investing in a fans block. And if you or your heirs ever need to get your money back if you make a substantial investment you can apply to get the investment out and will be paid out at the value of the shares when you withdraw.

i need to re-join the trust had to cancel due to financial problems the last few months how can i do it

4J's
18-01-2015, 21:05
i need to re-join the trust had to cancel due to financial problems the last few months how can i do it

Just go to the site and hit the 'join' link.

As a side note, if you join and want to get involved in the BR scheme, then your membership fee comes from the DD you set up.

mufasa
18-01-2015, 21:24

Try your old one here to renew.

Doesnt work contact the secretary or just start afresh.

http://www.therst.co.uk/contact-us/

mufasa
18-01-2015, 21:26
Either. They have slightly different aims but both agree they want the fans to have a big investment in the club.

RST

1. An established community which already owns over 1% share in the club.
2. Able to proxy shares and transferable to the RST community
3. Refunds allowed
4. Affordable Direct Debit or Single payment options available
5. Democratic on line voting on shareholder resolutions
6. Umbrella Body RST will participate with Union of Fans lobbying on crucial issues affecting club.

BillM
18-01-2015, 21:33
Thank you but I'm a member of both. I can make up my own mind. Its no bl**dy wonder the fan organisations get ignored when the can agree b*gg*r all without trying to score points.

Alfieconnssideburns
18-01-2015, 21:36
Whilst both the fans schemes are laudable, if it's a substantial sum you wish to invest then I would suggest buying via a broker. Make sure you advise them you want to buy 'certificated' so the shares are in your name. Bound to be some out in Australia that will sort you out. Some advice upon these two threads.

In order to then have an influence on voting at the EGM you could proxy your vote to the RST.

Here's how:

LINK (http://www.therst.co.uk/regulatory/proxy-voting-rules/)

Having shares is good - having votes is better

Thanks mate have contact now with a broker in The CBD !

adelblue
18-01-2015, 21:41
Just signed up to Direct Debit. Nearly up to 4,000 now.

Valley Bluenose
18-01-2015, 21:43
Thanks mate have contact now with a broker in The CBD !

Hopefully been of some help but broker will see you right. And remember the company name is RIFC!

Make sure you say you want them 'certificated' - otherwise they stay in the brokers name. Alternatively I think you can instruct the broker to advise the company of your voting intentions.

If they are 'certificated' (in your own name) then you can follow the proxy process for RST I gave you the link to. Unless you fancy a wee trip to the EGM.:D

Buncybouncer
18-01-2015, 22:38
I joined both tonight and will sleep easier having done so .I have had serious disagreements regarding the party line on here and with the RST in the past ..but by and large I am now on much the same walk .The next few weeks may well be the most important in our clubs illustrious history , and like countless others I am happy to play my small part for that which I hold dear .

sifter
18-01-2015, 23:29
i don't understand shares!!

who's shares are these groups buying? or can someone explain to me how it works? joined the rst, don't have spare £125 at the moment but might in the future

Number_Eight
19-01-2015, 00:22
i don't understand shares!!

who's shares are these groups buying? or can someone explain to me how it works? joined the rst, don't have spare £125 at the moment but might in the future

Well done on joining the RST.

You can join BuyRangers when the moment is right for you. Glad to have you aboard.

jcb64
19-01-2015, 07:16
My post re - the rise in numbers in Rangers First including several former players including Weir, Gough, Reyna, Vidmar & G Smith seems to have gone missing.Whilst i realise the BR is the more popular on here surely all shares bought by the fans should be welcomed ?.