PDA

View Full Version : Ally McCoist ignoring his pals' calls and may not return ....

1972 bear
18-01-2015, 09:00
.....to the game, claims former Ibrox teammate Hugh Burns.

HUGH BURNS has revealed Ally McCoist is blanking phone calls from his old friends as he comes to terms with his Ibrox exit.

The pair have been great pals since they played for Rangers in the 80s and Burns knows the former Ibrox gaffer better than most.

He said: “Ally’s so hurt right now he’s not even taking calls.

“He’s been lying low. He’s been at a few games and the rugby. He’ll bounce back but I’m not convinced he’ll get himself involved in the game again.”

Instead Burns, who played more than 50 games for the Ibrox giants, reckons the former Question of Sport panellist will return to TV and media work.

He said: “He’ll be hurting he’s not there. Ally was a perfect fit at Ibrox and no-one could have done the job he did in the circumstances.

“But it affected him. That wee chirpy side wasn’t there and his shoulders were slumped.

“I can’t see Ally going to another club. He was great in the media and I think he’ll go back there.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-4998408?

bigkahunarab
18-01-2015, 09:04
We know the circumstances Hugh. We also see the criminal deficit on the park and the OAP's lifting criminal wages where twice as many lean and hungry players should be.

He won't be back because he failed as a football coach. It's that straightforward.

YOGI_GER
18-01-2015, 09:06
Just another article to throw shit at the club. :roll:

Popbear
18-01-2015, 09:07
We know the circumstances Hugh. We also see the criminal deficit on the park and the OAP's lifting criminal wages where twice as many lean and hungry players should be.

He won't be back because he failed as a football coach. It's that straightforward.

It may rankle with some to read that. Does not stop it being accurate though.

AppleBear1976
18-01-2015, 09:08
i have said from the beginning that it was only ever go 1 of 2 ways, he was a success and he stayed as Rangers manager (which most of us hoped for) or he was a failure and he would quit football and go back to tv....

this is no surprise, he has indeed had a hard time of it, but he has underachieved big style, and he hung on far to long.

and yes its the Retard stirring shit again

bigbluebroxi
It only took one reply.

Maybe all talk of McCoist should be banned.

paisleyprod
Poor Ally, still picking up ludicrous wages for doing nothing, almost the same as he did when he was in charge.

sirdrinksalot
18-01-2015, 09:09
Just another article to throw shit at the club. :roll:

And one reply on here to twist the knife into McCoist.

Yorkhill_True_Blues
18-01-2015, 09:13
He's gone now like folk wanted for an age.

Now all I can hope for him is he picks himself up, keeps a cool head and comes out telling us all about his time as manager of Rangers, with what he knows is really going on behind the scenes.

Still is and always will be a Rangers legend in my eyes.

blue homer
18-01-2015, 09:15
[QUOTE=sirdrinksalot;22677398]And one reply on here to twist the knife into McCoist.

Oh dear,what a shame

johnkp
18-01-2015, 09:16
It only took one reply. Maybe all talk of McCoist should be banned.

Maybe anything you don't agree with should be banned. Make a list and the Mods can get right on it.

We all wanted Ally McCoist to be a great Manager for Rangers. He wasn't. Why should expressing that opinion result in a ban ?

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 09:19
Read that again, Ally was a perfect fit and done great in the circumstances, no, he was a disaster and left us with a team not fit for purpose.

I wanted Ally to succeed but let's not get dragged in to a lot of nonsense here

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 09:20
Maybe anything you don't agree with should be banned. Make a list and the Mods can get right on it.

We all wanted Ally McCoist to be a great Manager for Rangers. He wasn't. Why should expressing that opinion result in a ban ?

There's no objective discussion about him and the circumstances under which he was manager.

As this thread shows already.

wacaktb
18-01-2015, 09:21
Ally won't be back in the game as he is a terrible football manager, that's the truth in the matter.

The Treble Kings
18-01-2015, 09:25
He said: “He’ll be hurting he’s not there. Ally was a perfect fit at Ibrox and no-one could have done the job he did in the circumstances.

Jesus f#cking Christ. Hugh, get your tongue out of his arsehole, son.

tkmcg
If we manage to get the club heading in the right direction it will still take two or three seasons to put Ally,s legacy behind us, Sorry Ally but that is the sad fact.

paisleyprod
There's no objective discussion about him and the circumstances under which he was manager.

Here we go again.

Whilst he had various charlatans to deal with off the park, he had huge advantages over Raith, Peterhead, Stirling, Annan, Elgin, Alloa etc players, wages, facilities and resources and made a mess of it.

DCooper 7
18-01-2015, 09:26
I feel sorry for Ally and hope he sorts himself out very soon. We all know he will always be welcome at Ibrox and when he feels like coming back to watch a match I'm sure he will get a hero's welcome.

CaptainCourageous
18-01-2015, 09:27
TV is where he belongs. McCoist is certainly not cut out for football management.

Shame, I'd imagine every Ranger wanted Ally McCoist to be the greatest manager in our history. Wasn't to be.

BloodandFire
18-01-2015, 09:29
Hugh must be looking for a mate now that his Mrs dumped him.

charlesdexterward
18-01-2015, 09:31
Ally was a legend as a player and will rightly be remembered for it.

He was a manager who chose old players over blooding young players when we were in Div 3. We could have had a great youth policy and a team of hungry young players but instead we have old overpaid journeymen. That is his legacy as a manager I'm afraid.

superrangers
18-01-2015, 09:33
Read that again, Ally was a perfect fit and done great in the circumstances, no, he was a disaster and left us with a team not fit for purpose.

I wanted Ally to succeed but let's not get dragged in to a lot of nonsense here

Precisely my thoughts on reading the 'perfect fit,' remark.

Only the tarriers would say that Ally would be the ideal man for the Rangers hotseat.

cenotaph
18-01-2015, 09:41
I would like to see Ally return to the game, the Dundee United job, maybe Hearts, poosibly Hibs, could be Aberdeen, maybe even to the taigs, see where I'm going with this?

tamforsyth
18-01-2015, 09:44

Now all I can hope for him is he picks himself up, keeps a cool head and comes out telling us all about his time as manager of Rangers, with what he knows is really going on behind the scenes.

Not in mine. His time as manager has been a disaster
Not just the football side. His backing of the alleged, criminals is his biggest mistake.
He could have made life very difficult for them . He chose not to and stayed on side.

His football career with us should never be forgotten.

DavidBarnes1872
18-01-2015, 09:47
No club would touch him as a manager. Assistant maybe but after arguably being the worst manager wee aver had his reputation as a manager is in tatters

Blue Tack
18-01-2015, 09:52
I hope he does return and is successful however that doesnt detract from his failings as manager for rangers, but as I say I hope the man returns and is indeed a successful manager, good luck super.

bigkahunarab
18-01-2015, 09:57

The floor is yours BBB.....

Make a footballing case for his return. A much loved icon of our club and record goalscorer. It shouldn't be hard.

sam_cooke
18-01-2015, 09:57
Another old pals act, blinded by loyalty to a man that has left an absolute shambles on the park as his legacy.Had he done the decent thing and resigned last season things on the pitch today may not have been so bad.

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 09:59
Here we go again.

Whilst he had various charlatans to deal with off the park, he had huge advantages over Raith, Peterhead, Stirling, Annan, Elgin, Alloa etc players, wages, facilities and resources and made a mess of it.

He made mistakes, most notably IMO, with his player recruitment this last summer. He was stubborn and didn't learn from his mistakes on the park. The tactics were poor for the most part and the training wasn't up to par.

McCoist however was doing what he knows. He only really worked under Smith, both as a player and a coach. Tactics and training all similar to Smiths, which worked, why would he not try and replicate it? Where it fell apart for him was the players were nowhere near as good as what Smith had. McCoist didn't have a strong spine to his team. He didn't have the consummate professionals. He didn't have a Richard Gough or a Davie Weir, a Stuart McCall or a Steve Davis. He most certainly didn't have a Laudrup or a Gazza to dig him out a hole.

Instead due to circumstance, some of his own doing, he had a squad of lazy, feckless players who need proper coaching and direction. He didn't know how to give them that.

The real criminals responsible for the mess we are in are the crooks in the boardroom. A properly run club would not have allowed the football side of things to be run like the mess it is.

There is no structure in place at all. We have barely any youth coaches, we have no scouts. We can't afford to bring in a new management team who can give us the things this squad needs, so we reshuffle the old team about, resulting in more of the same rubbish on the park.

McCoist was the wrong manager for the football side of things for the situation we were in. Its likely he would always have been the wrong manager regardless, but we will never know.

I don't mind objective discussion about the football decisions he made, but the circumstances surrounding them cannot just be dismissed out of hand.

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 10:00
The floor is yours BBB.....

Make a footballing case for his return. A much loved icon of our club and record goalscorer. It shouldn't be hard.

I don't want him to return as manager, so why would I make a case for it?

potnryan_2
18-01-2015, 10:02
Burns can't be all there if he thinks no one else could have done the job.

ICA_86
18-01-2015, 10:05
The wigs have done a lot of damage, but so has Ally with what money he had available.

It's going to cost millions to get this team competitive and McCoist has to carry the can for a lot of it.

sirdrinksalot
18-01-2015, 10:05
McCoist wasn't a good manager, that isn't in doubt, he is no longer manager of the club and that is what the vast majority of people wanted. There have literally been hundreds if not thousands of threads on him and even now he is still getting dogs abuse which is grossly unfair.

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 10:09
Ally was a legend as a player and will rightly be remembered for it.

He was a manager who chose old players over blooding young players when we were in Div 3. We could have had a great youth policy and a team of hungry young players but instead we have old overpaid journeymen. That is his legacy as a manager I'm afraid.

When we were in division 3, regular starters were

Perry
Heggarty
Little
McKay
Crawford
Macleod
Aird

Players who got reasonable game time were

Hemmings
Mitchell
Naismith

Others such as

Murdoch, Stoney, Gasparotto, Walsh all featured fleetingly as subs, however all were 16 or 17.

Of those who played regularly only Macleod and Aird really grasped their opportunity. The rest were poor, and Andy Little was always injured. The really young players likes Gasparotto etc were all still school age. Far too young to fill the team up with them.

Where McCoist made his mistake with them was not playing them last season when the league was wrapped up. Also, IMO far too much was made of the importance of winning the Ramsdens cup. Personally I don't care if we never win that, and would have rather seen us give the young players experience in that. We may now have the likes of Gallagher or Telfer as genuine options in the first team rather than playing for somebody else.

But the myth that in division 3 he chose experience over youth is exactly that, a myth.

bigkahunarab
18-01-2015, 10:11
He made mistakes, most notably IMO, with his player recruitment this last summer. He was stubborn and didn't learn from his mistakes on the park. The tactics were poor for the most part and the training wasn't up to par.

McCoist however was doing what he knows. He only really worked under Smith, both as a player and a coach. Tactics and training all similar to Smiths, which worked, why would he not try and replicate it? Where it fell apart for him was the players were nowhere near as good as what Smith had. McCoist didn't have a strong spine to his team. He didn't have the consummate professionals. He didn't have a Richard Gough or a Davie Weir, a Stuart McCall or a Steve Davis. He most certainly didn't have a Laudrup or a Gazza to dig him out a hole.

Instead due to circumstance, some of his own doing, he had a squad of lazy, feckless players who need proper coaching and direction. He didn't know how to give them that.

The real criminals responsible for the mess we are in are the crooks in the boardroom. A properly run club would not have allowed the football side of things to be run like the mess it is.

There is no structure in place at all. We have barely any youth coaches, we have no scouts. We can't afford to bring in a new management team who can give us the things this squad needs, so we reshuffle the old team about, resulting in more of the same rubbish on the park.

McCoist was the wrong manager for the football side of things for the situation we were in. Its likely he would always have been the wrong manager regardless, but we will never know.

I don't mind objective discussion about the football decisions he made, but the circumstances surrounding them cannot just be dismissed out of hand.

We are a football club BBB. He singularly failed on development in the footballing front. He failed in various mickey mouse cups, he failed against Malmo and Maribor and was hooked by Walter when the going got tough on the touchline. He had the instinctive nose of a predator as a player but no capacity to learn or change as a coach whether with a decent squad or in the poor house.

The club has significant off the field difficulties but the advantages handed to him were enormous, in fact dwarfed those of others around him. We signed fit good SPL players and converted them into sluggish work shy sloths, we signed players who were old and past it, christ we gave Kevin Kyle 2k a week!!!!

I don't begrudge the man his contract, he signed, it his entitlement but there are many thousands of Bears who'd love to sit at home hurting on 67,500 per month.

Great striker, poor manager. No amount of plea bargaining will ever change the core fact.

bornabluenose
18-01-2015, 10:12
He couldn't cut it as a manager, sad but true.

We move on and wish Ally all the best in whatever he chooses to do next.

billywizz
18-01-2015, 10:13
"Ally was a perfect fit at Ibrox and no-one could have done the job he did in the circumstances."

I'm calling bullshit on that one

Peters Scarf
18-01-2015, 10:16

So stating facts is twisting the knife now? Some will have to get over the fact that while many of us wanted this "player legend" to succeed he was a complete and abject failure as a manager, and his on field legacy will take years to recover from.

Peters Scarf
18-01-2015, 10:20
I don't want him to return as manager, so why would I make a case for it?

Why don't you want him to return? You appear to be making a stout defence of his time in charge?

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 10:22
We are a football club BBB. He singularly failed on development in the footballing front. He failed in various mickey mouse cups, he failed against Malmo and Maribor and was hooked by Walter when the going got tough on the touchline. He had the instinctive nose of a predator as a player but no capacity to learn or change as a coach whether with a decent squad or in the poor house.

The club has significant off the field difficulties but the advantages handed to him were enormous, in fact dwarfed those of others around him. We signed fit good SPL players and converted them into sluggish work shy sloths, we signed players who were old and past it, christ we gave Kevin Kyle £2k a week!!!!

I don't begrudge the man his contract, he signed, it his entitlement but there are many thousands of Bears who'd love to sit at home hurting on £67,500 per month.

Great striker, poor manager. No amount of plea bargaining will ever change the core fact.

See your missing the crux of the matter. A properly run club would not have had McCoist as manager when he had such fundamental failings that you highlight.

Also, a properly run club would have mechanisms in place to support the manager, such as a scouting system, so that the manager didn't have to rely on signing players he though he could trust. If we had a proper scouting system then we may have been spared the resigning of Richard Foster and Stevie Smith (although Smith is a pretty decent left back IMO) We might not have took a punt on people like Sandaza and Kyle purely because they were available and had proven some level of ability within the Scottish Game. We might not have signed Arnold Peralta based on seeing him once or twice.

The whole club has been a sham for the last 4 years, however the mess on the football pitch is a direct result of the mess caused in the boardroom by the crooks running the club.

cenotaph
18-01-2015, 10:23
So stating facts is twisting the knife now? Some will have to get over the fact that while many of us wanted this "player legend" to succeed he was a complete and abject failure as a manager, and his on field legacy will take years to recover from.

There are some that simply cannot see him as anymore than what he was in his playing days. He was a legend as a player. He would probably be a fantastic lad on a night out ( esp the kareoke) but he was an abject failure , unfortunately, as a manager. His " We dont do walking away " ended up as more of a curse for the lad.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
18-01-2015, 10:23

Quote from Guardiola "The character of a team is the character of it's coach"

There's never been a more apt description of McCoist's Rangers - Half hearted, ill discplined, not serious and gets away with murder.

pennyblack
18-01-2015, 10:24
Ally is still a Rangers legend - might not be the best manager, but still a legend. Took the club on in its darkest hour and steered it stormy waters.

Support cluan place
18-01-2015, 10:26
A man who was fighting our corner on a daily basis against the wigs and the only people he could rely on were the fans.
However, when the glory hunting, short memory loyal turned on him . He was hurt and destroyed and hence the reason he is lying low.
Stay strong ally, I will never forget what you done for us whilst others hid away!

sparkafag
18-01-2015, 10:29
No club would touch him as a manager. Assistant maybe but after arguably being the worst manager wee aver had his reputation as a manager is in tatters

Most clubs would probably consider the circumstances while he was in charge, very few clubs are run perfectly but giving a manager a chance helps

Anyone who thinks the club has been logically run the last few years is ****en insane

200000 Heroes
18-01-2015, 10:30
Excellent.

Amother thread opportunity for the usual suspects to denefrade our cubs greatest ever goalscorer and an absolute living legend.

Just what I needed this Sunday morning.

We get it, you guys don't like Ally and you think he was a crappy manager. Can we move on now?

cenotaph
18-01-2015, 10:31
A man who was fighting our corner on a daily basis against the wigs and the only people he could rely on were the fans.
However, when the glory hunting, short memory loyal turned on him . He was hurt and destroyed and hence the reason he is lying low.
Stay strong ally, I will never forget what you done for us whilst others hid away!

What a lot of short sighted romantic pish. No other human being would have got as long doing as bad a job as McCoist. His " legend" status has taken us back the way and may even cost us promotion this year, He has certainly cost us the league!

AppleBear1976
18-01-2015, 10:32

you support Ally Mccoist not Rangers..

you would defend him to the death, even if it meant the end of Rangers, this is clear from the many posts you have on this subject

blind faith

bigbluebroxi
18-01-2015, 10:33
Why don't you want him to return? You appear to be making a stout defence of his time in charge?

His ideas of football management are not what the club requires. I'm not making any defence of his time in charge, Im merely pointing out that the circumstances around his time can't be ignored.

Best player sold for buttons
Administration
Almost entire squad leaves
No playing license till 48 hours (or was it 24) before the first game of the season
Illegal transfer embargo
No money to sign players
No scouting system
No money spent on clubs infrastructure
Youth coaches let go
No continuity in the boardroom

How many directors, CEOs, chairmen etc have we had in the last 3 years?

How can any sort of footballing operation be built when the club has no stability?

bornabluenose
18-01-2015, 10:37
Ally McCoist will always be welcome at Ibrox and , yes , remembered for what he done in our hour of need.

Doesn't change the fact that as a football manager he didn't have it.

There are world cup stars and winners in the same category, he is not alone.

Did he have the worst ever set of off field situations to deal with, you bet and he has my sympathy for that.

It shouldn't cloud the issue that as a manager he failed and more importantly would have continued to fail.

Support cluan place
18-01-2015, 10:52
you support Ally Mccoist not Rangers..

you would defend him to the death, even if it meant the end of Rangers, this is clear from the many posts you have on this subject

blind faith
Not blind faith, just loyal to a man who stood by us through thick and thin and was dealing with a board who didn't care .
Listen mate, you will get your day in the sun in the future when we win the spl or back at hampden in a cup final.
However, the true supporter stands by his team through the bad times as well as the good. Sadly, that doesn't apply to you!

Peters Scarf
18-01-2015, 10:54
Excellent.

Amother thread opportunity for the usual suspects to denefrade our cubs greatest ever goalscorer and an absolute living legend.

Just what I needed this Sunday morning.

We get it, you guys don't like Ally and you think he was a crappy manager. Can we move on now?

And you need to stop adding bits in, we would have loved the man to have been successful, he wasn't and that was because he wasnt a good manager, that's something you have to accept unless of course you do think he was in which case I will not engage in debate with someone so blind to facts.

madnutter0102
18-01-2015, 10:56

He's found one in Bill Young, he's never off his Talking Football show on Eklipse sports radio.

A more sounding ned you've never heard in your life.

Support cluan place
18-01-2015, 11:00
And you need to stop adding bits in, we would have loved the man to have been successful, he wasn't and that was because he wasnt a good manager, that's something you have to accept unless of course you do think he was in which case I will not engage in debate with someone so blind to facts.

The last month he was there he was told that four of his players wages were being cut by half.
How can you expect a player to concentrate on giving his all when his head is all over the shop. Believe me , it's only the tip of the iceberg. And I'm sure all will be revealed one day.
Mccoist was dealing with more off the park matters in his last three months of reign than footballing matters and the only people he thought he could rely on was the fans.

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 11:05
Not blind faith, just loyal to a man who stood by us through thick and thin and was dealing with a board who didn't care .
Listen mate, you will get your day in the sun in the future when we win the spl or back at hampden in a cup final.
However, the true supporter stands by his team through the bad times as well as the good. Sadly, that doesn't apply to you!

The fans stood firm. 50000 at bottom tier game. Ally got paid a fortune. If he was on 30k do you think he would have stayed?

Do you agree with his post match ramblings most weeks?

I'm wasting my breath here but hey ho

Peters Scarf
18-01-2015, 11:07

You come away "true fan" this and "real fan" that, well I was brought up with Rangers setting standards and being the best and while you can't argue with McCoists goal scoring feats his time as manager couldn't be further from the standards set by our founders. No real/true supporter would or should accept the lowering of standards that our club was founded on, you on the other hand seem only to happy too.

Youre Not only happy to see us play second fiddle to the vermin but the likes of hearts and as far as I'm concerned no true Rangers fan would accept playing second to anyone. The club comes first no matter what and McCoist wasn't up to it as a manager.

AppleBear1976
18-01-2015, 11:14

ha ha when i was a kid i regularly went to Ibrox watching Rangers get beat bt the likes of Dundee or St Mirren under the late great Jock Wallace, i have been through terrible times!

and noone wanted more for Ally to be a success as Rangers manager, however i said when he took over as manager that i suspected it was a huge mistake and thus it has been proven, and as far as i am concerned no man is bigger than the club, not even Ally mccoist.

just keep sticking your head in the sand

as i said blind loyalty

i support Rangers football club, not the manager

Peters Scarf
18-01-2015, 11:15
The last month he was there he was told that four of his players wages were being cut by half.
How can you expect a player to concentrate on giving his all when his head is all over the shop. Believe me , it's only the tip of the iceberg. And I'm sure all will be revealed one day.
Mccoist was dealing with more off the park matters in his last three months of reign than footballing matters and the only people he thought he could rely on was the fans.

Keep making excuses for a man who wasn't up to the job, did the same apply in his first season when being humbled by the likes of Maribor and Falkirk while surrendering a large lead in the league, the warning signs where there regards his managerial skills but other factors would soon overtake our ability to bring someone else in.

Please don't bring in the other crap, we know and are indebted for the other stuff, but as a manager he didn't have it. I would also have more respect for the man if he came out and told us what he had to put up with, what do you thinks stopping him?

ICA_86
18-01-2015, 11:15
People will stop talking about McCoist when his pals stop coming out in the press, defending the indefensible over his time here, and generally talking to the fans like we're idiots.

No-one has suffered as much as us fans, we don't need anyone telling us how sad McCoist is feeling on £70,000 a month.

DJ Blue
18-01-2015, 11:17
IMO a 'great pal' wouldn't go to the mhedia to talk about him behind his back.

Captain_Buns
18-01-2015, 11:23
He wont get involved again because he's the worst manager in Rangers history & no club would offer him a job.

Stringer_Bell
18-01-2015, 11:35
Old pals act rearing it's ugly head again. Fact is the damage McCoist has done to the playing side will take years to fix.

Support cluan place
18-01-2015, 11:37
The fans stood firm. 50000 at bottom tier game. Ally got paid a fortune. If he was on 30k do you think he would have stayed?

Do you agree with his post match ramblings most weeks?

I'm wasting my breath here but hey ho

Sorry , but I won't debate with you as you ran away to admin the last time and accused me of trolling you and I ended up getting banned.
Pathetic !

munkoomccoist
18-01-2015, 11:37
Ally won't be back in the game as he is a terrible football manager, that's the truth in the matter.

Given the circumstances at the club, I'd say that's extremely unfair.

kaznkev
18-01-2015, 11:46
Ally didn't cut it as a manager and I don't want him to come back into football, for his sake as much as ours. Yes he was paid well for the job he done but any other manager would also have been paid well so I don't think that's really much to get tied up about.

I wish him well and thank him for standing by us and trying his best. Unfortunately it just wasn't good enough. He's a good man and a Rangers man. I'm sure he wanted to succeed as much as we wanted him to. Managment just isn't for everyone. I think we should give him a break now.

Good luck in whatever you do next Ally.

skorn
18-01-2015, 11:47
He wont get involved again because he's the worst manager in Rangers history & no club would offer him a job.

Exactly.

It's a shocking legacy he has left -- not just for the club but on his own reputation.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
18-01-2015, 11:52
The last month he was there he was told that four of his players wages were being cut by half..

Really ?

So who are the four players ?

macsloyal
18-01-2015, 11:57
I don't believe Ally ever wanted to manage any club other than Rangers so would be very surprised if he didn't return to tv work. You need to have a real passion for the game and work ethic to be a successful manager and I just don't think Ally had that. More importantly you need to be able to inspire passion in your players which is something this current lot are almost totally lacking.

Perfect fit Hugh? Behave yourself.

suramericaranger
18-01-2015, 11:58
He was ignoring calls from his players when they wanted to know what was happening in summer of 2012 so I wouldn't read much into it.

The scars of McCoist's reign are even more apparent now.

Job No.86/20
18-01-2015, 12:03
Hugh Burns???

Jesus, there's a name from the grave,,,, where the hell did they dig him up from?

They really make an effort digging out yesteryears superstars don't they?

Next thing will be Gordon Ramsay giving a wee anecdote during a recipe!!!

talktalk
18-01-2015, 12:06

No where near our worst if you look at the % table. He isnt here now but a club legend still gets punched at any mention of his name. I wasnt happy with his signings or tactics as many weren't but this constant attacks on the man even though he has been away from the club us wrong.
Many want boycotts of games to starve the board of cash, Ally getting his wage equates to hundreds not going.

RSEA2009
18-01-2015, 12:06
The king was in his counting house ......

Chapman Billy
18-01-2015, 12:07

Exactly. The same Rangers manager who stood on the goal line at training, bared his arse and allowed the players to kick balls at it. The same Rangers manager who was pictured on the karaoke after his team had been humiliated in a cup final defeat!

grantanti
18-01-2015, 12:08

Is there any need?

Support cluan place
18-01-2015, 12:14
Really ?

So who are the four players ?

I'm sure it will come out in due course. In fact, you can more or less say the whole team now have been asked to take a pay cut.

colinrfc
18-01-2015, 12:18
Everybody wanted ally to be a success and I will always love him as a player and as a person but let's not try to rewrite history we have all seen the mess he made of being a manager it's there every time we play
Still love him tho and he will always be welcome back at ibrox just not as a manager

Jam_Ger85
18-01-2015, 12:18
I don't think there is any doubt ally will return to media work rather than the dug out. Just wasn't good enough. It's the simple

staunch
18-01-2015, 12:29

Sorry , but I won't debate with you as you ran away to admin the last time and accused me of trolling you and I ended up getting banned.
Pathetic !

70 per cent of your posts are slating other bears or defending Alistairs pitiful management. Pathetic? Go look in the mirror and get over your man love for failed manager

barryhopez
18-01-2015, 12:53

How was he fighting our corner on a daily basis? I wish folk would live in the reality instead of romantic notions of McCoist being some kind of secret agent that will become clear with his book etc.

Backed Whyte - FACT
Backed Green - FACT
Blanked John Brown - FACT
Backed Mather - FACT
Backed Stockbridge - FACT
Backed Wallace - FACT
Refused to vote either way and gave his voting right to EK RSC - FACT
Took a pay cut when it became public - FACT
Signed shite players for short term success - FACT
Was a poor Manager and presided over some of the worst football and results - FACT

There's probably one or 2 other things too. I can't see how he's fighting, I really can't and internet tattle of him being "our man on the inside" and "he's our eyes and ears" is fantasy.

cenotaph
18-01-2015, 12:57
Pathetic !

Booo Hoooo Loyal

jimbear
18-01-2015, 13:02

Cannot but agree with your post. Absolutely spot on.

AppleBear1976
18-01-2015, 13:02
Pathetic !

You don't debate, you start from the perspective that you are right and Ally can do no wrong and you will not even concede that you may have been wrong, even when the evidence is writ in front of your eyes! You also believe yourself to be somehow a better supporter than everyone else which is not just stupid, it's just downright pathetic...

george_bailey
18-01-2015, 13:09
How was he fighting our corner on a daily basis? I wish folk would live in the reality instead of romantic notions of McCoist being some kind of secret agent that will become clear with his book etc.

Backed Whyte - FACT
Backed Green - FACT
Blanked John Brown - FACT
Backed Mather - FACT
Backed Stockbridge - FACT
Backed Wallace - FACT
Refused to vote either way and gave his voting right to EK RSC - FACT
Took a pay cut when it became public - FACT
Signed shite players for short term success - FACT
Was a poor Manager and presided over some of the worst football and results - FACT

There's probably one or 2 other things too. I can't see how he's fighting, I really can't and internet tattle of him being "our man on the inside" and "he's our eyes and ears" is fantasy.

This is spot on, he could quite easily galvanise the whole support and put a call out to every ex player to rally to the core, but he would then be in conflict with his contract and would be sacked.....and we all know how much ally loves that money that just keeps on rolling in !

Albop
18-01-2015, 13:10
he could'nt cut it in div 3 he has no chance

mentalbox
18-01-2015, 13:14
The only significant part of this is the club are hindered by having a 700k/year employee on gardening leave , without cash to replace him hence one of the terrible coaches ally appointed is left running the show along with another .

ally mccoist and his family are doing more than fine .

muthacupboard
18-01-2015, 13:24
There are some deeply unpleasant people on this forum.

As for McCoist, he wasn't cut out for management, off the field circumstances notwithstanding. It's a shame as he's a living legend but the club moves on.

george_bailey
18-01-2015, 13:31
The only significant part of this is the club are hindered by having a 700k/year employee on gardening leave , without cash to replace him hence one of the terrible coaches ally appointed is left running the show along with another .

ally mccoist and his family are doing more than fine .

C'mon now, you know how it works on here with some, dont be letting facts about Ally being more than rewarded for failure get in the way of how much of a True Ranger he is...

grinandbearit
18-01-2015, 13:35
we all would have liked him to be successful, but the facts are an utter disaster for us as a manager, ally mcoist has done very well from rangers football club

DEXAVIA
18-01-2015, 14:14
Another thread which conclusively proves that the thing Follow Follow does best is stick the boot into one of our own.

bertram
18-01-2015, 14:17
Another thread which conclusively proves that the thing Follow Follow does best is stick the boot into one of our own.

In what way?

johnny v
18-01-2015, 14:22
As we stumble on there is still £15k a week being deposited into Ally's bank from the club.

bob1873
18-01-2015, 14:26

Sadly accurate like John Greig Ally wasn't good enough and his signings were absolutely 'criminal' only McGregor and Bell are decent and neither would have been first team regulars pre Whyte.

Ally also trousered £1.0m in wages (or there abouts) when he must have known it was unsustainable and that something was wrong.

Ibrox75
18-01-2015, 14:36
I would like to see Ally return to the game, the Dundee United job, maybe Hearts, poosibly Hibs, could be Aberdeen, maybe even to the taigs, see where I'm going with this?

If Ally did go to Celtic, then Kenny Miller would be the first player to play for
A. Rangers
B. Celtic
C. Rangers
D. Rangers
E. Celtic

cenotaph
18-01-2015, 15:09
If Ally did go to Celtic, then Kenny Miller would be the first player to play for
A. Rangers
B. Celtic
C. Rangers
D. Rangers
E. Celtic

The wee turncoat b@stard would have no qualms going back there as long as they gave him 30 bob a week more!

southsideblueblood
18-01-2015, 15:14
What a complete irrelevance this discussion is. I will lose no sleep over ally lets focus on the real news rather than this crap about a guy who's set for life. I wish I was as distraught as him. Nonsense....

stevie13000
18-01-2015, 15:20

Its not knife twisting when what's written is fact !!

Ubik
18-01-2015, 15:22
Pathetic !

you're hazybear

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 15:38
you're hazybear

You could be right and Hazy was banned for good for trolling but in that instance it was for talking utter shite about numbers at a fans meeting if i remember right

thetoptier
18-01-2015, 16:02
that article doesn't even make sense.

he's lying low - he's out in public

he's not talking to old friends - he's at a match with WS

no one could do the job he's done - we are 13 points behind hearts

absolute drivel.

jackdaniels78
18-01-2015, 16:10
Its just an attempt to make our fans look bad again, the evil fans drove him out.

McCoist would be great in an ambassador role or something similar although it will be years before we could every prioritise such a role.

McCoist gave it everything but is not cut out to be a football manager

tkmcg
18-01-2015, 16:21
Ally top player top bloke poor manager/coach,I hope he is the next ex player to join the RST.

Top_Cat
18-01-2015, 16:23
A former legend, but a poor football manager, now on gardening leave

tkmcg
18-01-2015, 16:30
I would hate to think Ally feels the need to turn his back on the club and fans ,And i would hate the fans to turn their backs on Ally after all he was is and hopefully always will be one of us. The last few seasons have taken their toll on us all.

whitbyontbear
18-01-2015, 16:59
I would hope that Ally comes back but, please God with nothing to do with the football.

Range-Rover
18-01-2015, 17:24
It has to be said, Ally was not a good Rangers manager, be it under trying circumstances, but a good manager could have worked round what was going on, but Ally left, end of story, he was however a great Rangers player, and rightly earned legend status for that, end of story, and that is what Ally will always be thought of, a Great Playing Rangers Legend

KirkieBlueNose
18-01-2015, 19:27
McCoist will need time to get his head together he's been on a rollcoaster for the last 4 years he's a human being not a robot

dh1963
18-01-2015, 19:33
Any 'bear' who still takes a kick at Ally after everything is an absolute wanker imo.

There will be nobody hurting more than him about what has happened and the loss of his job. The man was working 16-18 hour days to help the club and with all the turmoil will be physically and mentally shattered at this moment.

He deserves to take time off, catch up with close friends and family and generally just relax.

He should also be left in no doubt that in no way is his legacy as perhaps the greatest living Ranger tarnished

Very well said.

sam_cooke
18-01-2015, 19:43
Not being funny but McCoist wasn't working 18 hour days very often (if at all)

Give it another couple of months, it'll be 24 hours a day.

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 19:47
Very well said.

Really? Bears aren't allowed to be angry at the shambles of a football operation left behind at some cost and to think so makes you a "wanker"?

People are divided over this issue, doesn't make any of them "wankers"

dh1963
18-01-2015, 20:03
Really? Bears aren't allowed to be angry at the shambles of a football operation left behind at some cost and to think so makes you a "wanker"?

People are divided over this issue, doesn't make any of them "wankers"

I was referring to the bit about his legacy as a Rangers great is untarnished. Should have highlighted it from the post I commented on.

Although the folk who still use these threads to accuse him of being a money grabber, or someone who cares more about himself than the club do deserve that description.

Poor manager, terrible football philosophy, but will always be a truly great Ranger.

FoxyKnoxy
18-01-2015, 20:08
That's a shame if it is true Although I would say he is entitled to time to get his thoughts together.

By the way for what's it's worth, there is no doubt in my mind that Kenny McDowell has a lot to answer for when it comes to this football legacy pish.

paisleyprod
18-01-2015, 20:08
I was referring to the bit about his legacy as a Rangers great is untarnished. Should have highlighted it from the post I commented on.

Although the folk who still use these threads to accuse him of being a money grabber, or someone who cares more about himself than the club do deserve that description.

Poor manager, terrible football philosophy, but will always be a truly great Ranger.

he is indeed a great Ranger, there can be no dispute of that.

basiltherat
18-01-2015, 22:32
Similar to John Greig's situation when he left as manager
Time will heal and then he can take his rightful place

Haining84
19-01-2015, 05:25
Some "fans" really need to take a look at themselves in the mirror when it comes to some of the lies and p!sh aimed at McCoist.

Scot_
19-01-2015, 06:37
Some "fans" really need to take a look at themselves in the mirror when it comes to some of the lies and p!sh aimed at McCoist.

Here here!

loopyjuice
19-01-2015, 07:16

I'll get you his book this Christmas.