PDA

View Full Version : Craig Whyte linked to club's new financial advisers WH Ireland

1972 bear
02-12-2014, 08:37
RANGERS’ new financial advisers WH Ireland have had business dealings with a firm connected to shamed former owner Craig Whyte.

It was revealed yesterday that Ibrox chairman David Somers has appointed the firm as the club’s “Nomad” stock market advisers.

In 2012, WH Ireland bought some of the assets of Pritchard Stockbrokers – a shamed accountancy firm which had Whyte as company secretary.

Pritchard had their accounts frozen by the Financial Services Authority after being accused of using “client money to
meet their own expenses, thereby putting client money at risk”.

The Bournemouth firm were taken over by administrators as part of the court process.

At the time, administrators Mazars revealed that although “some of the company’s assets” had been sold to WH Ireland, there remained “substantial monies due to more than 5000 clients”. Whyte’s main finance vehicle, Liberty Capital, invested 250,000 in Pritchard.

After the FSA stepped in, WH Ireland acquired assets including about 8000 active private clients and the
non-cash assets under management relating to those clients, valued at approximately 400million.

The firm are believed to have paid around 500,000 to complete the deal.

At the time, a spokesman for WH Ireland said: “The transaction increases our regionally based private client business and moves our nominee funds total forward.”

After hearing that WH Ireland have been appointed, Mark Dingwall, editor of Rangers fans website *****************, said: “Considering the atmosphere around the club, it would seem crazy for any company that has had anything to do with Craig Whyte to be given any future role at Ibrox.”

Fraud suspect Whyte appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court last week after being detained in Mexico.

He is accused of funding his Ibrox takeover by selling off season tickets and pretending to then owner Sir David Murray the cash was his own. He’s also accused of failing to pay VAT and National Insurance which led to Rangers going into administration.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shamed-former-rangers-owner-craig-4730311?

Yorkhill_True_Blues
02-12-2014, 08:42
Finally the press doing this the next day......even if ghey are just taking it from here.....more folk that see this the better.

two2tango
02-12-2014, 08:44
Why is the question?

Turning more blind eyes to corporate governance which is non existent

onedadoprso1
02-12-2014, 08:45
maybe they only met goggle eyes just once. or twice. that's ok.

millar brand
02-12-2014, 09:08
maybe they only met goggle eyes just once. or twice. that's ok.

They probably passed him in the corridor but didn't know who he was. Happens all the time at Ibrox.

buster
02-12-2014, 09:18
No reputable NOMAD was going to touch our present situation.

Neither will those upstairs at Ibrox want a strictly squeaky clean outfit who get 'too fussy'.

So it's another 'low-end' NOMAD in a low-end speculative market (AIM).

ruglenbear
02-12-2014, 09:25
No doubt some will be out giving it the "aye, these businesses all have dealings with each other, it's just a coincidence"

I simply don't believe in coincidences anymore. This stinks to high heaven

Daddy_Bear07
02-12-2014, 09:28
No doubt some will be out giving it the "aye, these businesses all have dealings with each other, it's just a coincidence"

We are getting close to 50 coincidences in all this.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck- it's a #%##* .......

experiment626
02-12-2014, 09:30

Green and Whyte owners.
Ireland as a NOMAD.
Signing a players called Celik

Happens all the time.

steven180290
02-12-2014, 09:31
it may well be a coincidence or it may well not

however, either way i cant make any sense of this, 3 weeks before the AGM and the board appoint a NOMAD that has previous dealings with a man thats been arrested for our fraudulent takeover

ewankenobi
02-12-2014, 09:32

Neither will those upstairs at Ibrox want a strictly squeaky clean outfit who get 'too fussy'.

So it's another 'low-end' NOMAD.

I know where your coming from, which is why I can't get my head round the fact delloitte do our accounts, aren't they one of the most respected companies in the industry.

Daddy_Bear07
02-12-2014, 09:37
I know where your coming from, which is why I can't get my head round the fact delloitte do our accounts, aren't they one of the most respected companies in the industry.

Seen in this financial industry are there any reputable companies.

We got told the same about Duff and Phelps.

Everyone in it seems to be a conman of sorts!

tommyhlrsc
02-12-2014, 09:40

£160k kinda puts a sweetener on it.

bertram
02-12-2014, 09:40

Did Deloitte not have to settle re losses made by Bear Stern clients re questionable audits?

buster
02-12-2014, 09:45

Fair comment.

By all accounts they haven't been happy campers but do seem to have increased their fees notably (by around 50% IIRC) for the year ending June 2014.

Hillhead is the man to comment on the auditors.

supergers07
02-12-2014, 09:45
bastards didn't even use me as the source.

Yorkshire Blue
02-12-2014, 09:46
Was it not Pritchards where the money from selling the Arsenal shares ended up?

coinneach
02-12-2014, 10:01
Was it not Pritchards where the money from selling the Arsenal shares ended up?

Is it possible our Arsenal share money was used for either his 'investment' in Pritchards or to replace the missing money from the company?

jcb64
02-12-2014, 10:11
£160k kinda puts a sweetener on it.

160K isn't going to make or break them is it ?

LBB
02-12-2014, 10:21

So it's another 'low-end' NOMAD in a low-end speculative market (AIM).

Low-end is where these scumbags prosper. They just couldn't care less and that wee rat Somers will lose no sleep whatsoever over any link between Ireland and Whyte.

buster
02-12-2014, 12:12
Low-end is where these scumbags prosper. They just couldn't care less and that wee rat Somers will lose no sleep whatsoever over any link between Ireland and Whyte.

If you operate in 'low-end circles' with 'low-end' people, it often leaves it's mark and has consequences.

Unfortunately, I think we are a case in point.

Bobo-kfc
02-12-2014, 13:12
Ireland, Green, Whyte........