PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v's Inverness 16th September (Tuesday) at 7.45pm

Enigma
04-09-2014, 20:39
Would you be willing to boycott this match.. Not looking for a debate and just a simple yes or no answer to the poll.

first250worldrecord
04-09-2014, 20:42
Would make absolutely no difference IMO. So a no from me.

jackdaniels78
04-09-2014, 20:43
5 votes in and already we see why this won't work.

first250worldrecord
04-09-2014, 20:47

That's the idea of a poll is it not?

devilman
04-09-2014, 20:49
It would be excellent if we could get not one Rangers fan to turn up. However, we've gone over this before. Too many Rangers fans only interested in themselves and their enjoyment. Future of the club comes second to them getting out to see the game.

first250worldrecord
04-09-2014, 20:53
It would be excellent if we could get not one Rangers fan to turn up. However, we've gone over this before. Too many Rangers fans only interested in themselves and their enjoyment. Future of the club comes second to them getting out to see the game.

Sorry but that's just bollocks. I'm quite sure if every rangers fan thought that missing a game would actually do any good they would do it in a second. A lot (myself included) do not believe it will make a blind bit of difference.

The Busby Bear
04-09-2014, 20:54
The biggest boycott was the game at Tannadice and some still attended. We need 100% of the support to be pushing in the same direction to make a difference and with no direction that's impossible.

weebaggy
04-09-2014, 20:55
i won't be there until the scum are out

gersfc211177
04-09-2014, 20:55

Your wanting a poll with only one option.

jam33
04-09-2014, 20:58
Would make absolutely no difference IMO. So a no from me.

I concur. Its already going to be a shite crowd so pointless.

Pooter
04-09-2014, 20:59
Boycotting a second round League Cup tie at home on a Tuesday night says NOTHING.

The attendance for this match will be low anyway.

The idea behind a boycott is to hit those in power hardest, and to draw attention to the cause. Boycotting this game does neither.

If you're going to boycott, wait for a big game that's on Sky. The attendance at a second round League Cup match is likely to be so low no one will tell the difference anyway.

Enigma
04-09-2014, 21:14
The biggest boycott was the game at Tannadice and some still attended. We need 100% of the support to be pushing in the same direction to make a difference and with no direction that's impossible.Tannadice was a success big time and cost Dundee Utd over £100k in gate money,Our support went from a usual 5,000 to around 300 and you think it wasn't a success,It pissed off Thompson big time and he won't do his trick with the tickets anytime soon again .

This is about sending a visual message to those who are ripping the very heart from the club we all love,Obviously not everyone would boycott this match,But we have two choices here.

1.continue to sit on our arses moaning about what's going on while battering away on our keyboards in a rage while those within the club sit laughing at us.

2. Or we could grow a set and show a complete vote of no confidence in the board by boycotting this game and sending out a message to them that the fans have now had enough,An empty Ibrox will have the desired affect and something they could not ignore,Like they do with the red card protests.

freddyflintoff
04-09-2014, 21:21
Boycott this, boycott that...

Boring. Repetitive. Ineffective. Symptomatic of everything that is wrong.

_BlueNose_
04-09-2014, 21:21
Will make no difference

Enigma
04-09-2014, 22:03

Boring. Repetitive. Ineffective. Symptomatic of everything that is wrong.Let me ask you this... Has there actually been a boycott of one of our home games to see if it's ineffective... No

So how do you know it would be ineffective if it hasn't been done yet.

I think your reply is a different wording of " can't be arsed ".

You don't know if something will work unless it's tried first,That's not happened yet.

15,000 people haven't renewed their season books,If they just spoke about doing it and still renewed nothing would have happened,Fact is they haven't renewed and we have seen the effect it has had both visually and financially and more importantly.. It has the wigs sitting very uncomfortable and they don't like it one bit.

jackdaniels78
04-09-2014, 22:10
Your wanting a poll with only one option.

Just making the point that as always our support is completely split

Enigma
04-09-2014, 23:50
Just making the point that as always our support is completely splitI think there are a lot of people just sitting confused and not knowing what to do

Dede' Arneaux
05-09-2014, 00:30
I've been boycotting for 2 seasons

gerscrazy09
05-09-2014, 01:59

Excellent post one i agree with.

Anyone who is daft enough to say it would not work needs to open their eyes.

Inverness and Hibs games, if there was hardly anyone in the ground it would focus minds.

Also if these games were live of tv it would be better.

FOOTBALL WITHOUT SUPPORT IS NOTHING.

two2tango
05-09-2014, 02:00
I'm boycotting anyway

Won't be back until their is change in who runs the club and the share dynamic

There should be demo outside before during after the game

Enigma
05-09-2014, 02:33
Can you look in the mirror and say "I support the team regardless of who owns the club" then you are just fooling yourself so you can fulfil your selfish need to watch the football on a weekly basis. You're not doing Rangers any favours, in fact, you are contributing to its continued spiral into a black hole.

frankieboy
05-09-2014, 06:49
We are looking to win a cup and having a full Ibrox will help that,so it's a no from me.

Ubik
05-09-2014, 08:13
i wont attend ibrox again with those in charge.

gerscrazy09
05-09-2014, 08:17
We are looking to win a cup and having a full Ibrox will help that,so it's a no from me.

Strange quote this ^^, In all my years watching football no amount of supporters has ever scored a goal.

BrotherBear73
05-09-2014, 09:12

Boring. Repetitive. Ineffective. Symptomatic of everything that is wrong.

We bought tickets - did take a load of cash out the club? Yes.

We are not buying tickets and money is becoming tight - are they still taking cash out the club - Yes.

The end game isn't going to change - only how long till we get there.

Forget this illusion you'll 'save' the club by giving them money.

Not a penny more.

Wigs out!!

blueman14
05-09-2014, 10:45
I'm pay per game so will problaly go to this one.

sk1n1873
05-09-2014, 11:08
I'm in the CCS so have paid my ticket however 1 of the younger lads in our club has offered to take my ticket as i'm coming home from hols that day, so i'll not be there.

isawthat
05-09-2014, 11:14
The biggest boycott was the game at Tannadice and some still attended. We need 100% of the support to be pushing in the same direction to make a difference and with no direction that's impossible.

You will never get a 100% consensus on any subject.

The boycott at Tannadice was a success and the best we can hope for.

If we call for a boycott at Ibrox and less than ten thousand attend, that would also be a big success, let's go for it.

Just keep in mind, at least 10,000, myself included are already boycotting the games at Ibrox.

grsmith
05-09-2014, 11:26
i will not be attending.

I would however turn up to protest outside the stadium . These parasites need to be removed asap.

Enigma
05-09-2014, 14:31
You will never get a 100% consensus on any subject.

The boycott at Tannadice was a success and the best we can hope for.

If we call for a boycott at Ibrox and less than ten thousand attend, that would also be a big success, let's go for it.

Just keep in mind, at least 10,000, myself included are already boycotting the games at Ibrox.exactly mate and the pressure must continue to be applied to this board,Money is their weakness and lack of it will make them sit up and take note.

Barca Bear
05-09-2014, 15:29
i will not be attending.

I would however turn up to protest outside the stadium . These parasites need to be removed asap.

yes, the above means you came and protested, whereas, a lot of yes votes come from far travellers on a midweek. would a saturday boycott reveal a different result?

Enigma
05-09-2014, 16:35
a lot of yes votes come from far travellers on a midweek. would a saturday boycott reveal a different result?So your assuming this is the case or you have some sort of proof..I don't see any evidence to back your accusation up.

Nobody knows what would happen for a Saturday game,But i'll tell you right now,If we don't get off our arses things will only get worse.

pelem
05-09-2014, 16:37
£19 an adult skull, dae the s p i v s think we're aff our fuukin nuts.

Ashley will buy the easdales out, UNLESS they already just front the business for him.

remember, he's in the throws of selling newky utd.

cp1872
05-09-2014, 16:38
The only way we can show the board that we are finished with them is by not giving them a single penny more. Anybody else who doesn't see this is unbelievably thick.

hazybear
05-09-2014, 16:41
No,
Why would anyone who cares about the team not want to go (if available) ??????

Enigma
05-09-2014, 16:43
No,
Why would anyone who cares about the team not want to go (if available) ??????So you would continue to go no matter who was in charge of the club or what they were doing to the club ?

Enigma
05-09-2014, 16:45
£19 an adult skull, dae the s p i v s think we're aff our fuukin nuts.

Ashley will buy the easdales out, UNLESS they already just front the business for him.

remember, he's in the throws of selling newky utd.Spend your £19 on a pizza with your kids/wife/mates or spend it on a few beers rather than give them any money.

garyw09
05-09-2014, 16:45
The only way we can show the board that we are finished with them is by not giving them a single penny more. Anybody else who doesn't see this is unbelievably thick.

Here is part of the the problem just now, you are calling people thick yet don't give a proper reason. Nothing in this mess is simple and calling folk thick because they don't understand the in's and out's is just out of order.

No wonder our fans are at each others throats so much when people like yourself just insult fellow supporters. Have a look back at what you just wrote mate, it's really not on. This is not a dig and I don't want an argument, just be a bit nicer to your fellow supporters, not every one reads FF every day and is clued up.

the cruyff turn
05-09-2014, 17:48
im not boycotting it, I just aint going!

the bundy
05-09-2014, 18:05
Looking forward to this game against the SPL leaders , I believe the team needs our support in this game

ally-c
05-09-2014, 18:43
Yes but won't happen

Enigma
05-09-2014, 18:51
Looking forward to this game against the SPL leaders , I believe the team needs our support in this gameIn wars sometimes there are innocent casualties.

I'm pretty sure the players will more than understand what's happening and why it's being done.

I get the feeling people just don't care who's in charge or how their ripping the very heart from our club...But as long as they get their weekly football fix then everything is fine.

DJ Blue
05-09-2014, 19:02
Voting NO.

As a season Ticket holder not going will make no difference

Enigma
05-09-2014, 19:48
Voting NO.

As a season Ticket holder not going will make no differenceSo giving them your season ticket money,Does that make no difference as well ?

cp1872
05-09-2014, 20:36
Here is part of the the problem just now, you are calling people thick yet don't give a proper reason. Nothing in this mess is simple and calling folk thick because they don't understand the in's and out's is just out of order.

No wonder our fans are at each others throats so much when people like yourself just insult fellow supporters. Have a look back at what you just wrote mate, it's really not on. This is not a dig and I don't want an argument, just be a bit nicer to your fellow supporters, not every one reads FF every day and is clued up.

To be honest with you I very rarely use those kinds of words on here about fellow Bears but I can't understand why people would continue to pay money into a black hole, completely delaying the inevitable murder of our once proud club.

£22-23 a head is money that the leaches need and I think we would be best placed starving them out and not giving them our hard earned money, in order for them to continually disregard the support and lose all of the money we have put in.

As football fans we want to go and see our team play. It's mental to think people wouldn't but these are the most desperate of times and the most desperate of action is required. I really do think those who have renewed season tickets and pay each week are just helping to prolong this mess.

Irvine96
05-09-2014, 21:11
Totally crazy idea.The survival of the club means more than principles