PDA

View Full Version : Craig Houston:Rangers fans up for a battle(Evening Times)

1972 bear
15-07-2014, 08:39
A march to Ibrox will be held on Saturday in protest at the current Light Blues hierarchy as they continue to withstand calls to grant security over the Gers' historic home and Murray Park training base ahead of the new SPFL Championship campaign.

Thousands of fans have refused to renew their season tickets this summer as tensions between the Light Blue legions and the Gers board remain at an all-time high and the war of words continues.

And attentions could soon turn to HMRC and a host of other high-profile names following the 'Big Tax Case' verdict last week that left fans outraged at the situation their club finds themselves in after the most traumatic spell in their 142-year history.

Last week, the Union of Fans hit out at SFA chief Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster of the SPFL, Dundee United's Stephen Thompson, Rod Petrie of Hibernian, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and lawyer Rod McKenzie for their actions and comments during Rangers' troubles.

The EBT verdict has left Gers fans feeling vindicated yet furious, but Houston insists the latest developments in the Rangers saga won't take the pressure off the under-fire board.

He told SportTimes: "Nothing has come officially from the club [regarding the march], but I have been contacted a couple of times unofficially by people from within the club.

"One of them was trying to suggest that we should have a protest against HMRC, the BBC, etc, because of the news that has broken in the last few days.

"Yes, it is important that they, and others, come under the spotlight.

"That is something that will get attention from us, and which I have already started.

"The 19th is about Ibrox, no more, no less. Should there be no movement from the board before Saturday then that will be the theme of the march.

"The news that has broken in the last week has reintegrated the fanbase and their spirits are going in the right direction again.

"The fans feel that a lot of things have gone wrong over the last few years through no fault of the club.

"The feedback I am getting and gauging is that they are up for a battle and that will be on a lot of fronts."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-fans-step-up-ibrox-protests-171039n.24749599?

Haining84
15-07-2014, 08:45
142 year history!

See,media.....it's not hard to report facts!

54&counting

The_Gub
15-07-2014, 10:11
He told SportTimes: "Nothing has come officially from the club [regarding the march], but I have been contacted a couple of times unofficially by people from within the club.

"One of them was trying to suggest that we should have a protest against HMRC, the BBC, etc, because of the news that has broken in the last few days.

So if that is what they are saying unofficially just now, can we now expect the board to ramp up the pressure against these institutions in the coming weeks?

-bigdaz-
15-07-2014, 10:13
the evening times is the one remaining paper to show some respect to our club

The Big Cheese
15-07-2014, 10:36

So if that is what they are saying unofficially just now, can we now expect the board to ramp up the pressure against these institutions in the coming weeks?

I'd say no.
They have their collective noses firmly entrenched in the trough that is Rangers FC.
They have little or no time for anything else.

Craigm1972
15-07-2014, 10:40
One of the biggest issues SOS face (and I think Craig alluded to it on here) is that this thread is likely to get less attention than the one about whether a part time Icelandic team can beat Celtic tonight.

Priorities.All.Wrong

1972 bear
15-07-2014, 10:44

I read that as an attempt at deflecting the protest on Saturday from its original purpose.

clubdeckcharlie
15-07-2014, 10:46
I read that as an attempt at deflecting the protest on Saturday from its original purpose.

Ditto - that was my take on it.

TheWhiteHackle
15-07-2014, 10:46
Quite like that Chris Jack. Seems balanced.

He must not be on Liewells payroll.

1972 bear
15-07-2014, 10:48
One of the biggest issues SOS face (and I think Craig alluded to it on here) is that this thread is likely to get less attention than the one about whether a part time Icelandic team can beat Celtic tonight.

Priorities.All.Wrong

This thread was posted just after the thread on them and already got more than twice the views of this one.
Pretty typical.

Moodymann
15-07-2014, 11:21
The arrogance of people at the club telling us, the fans, who we should be protesting about speaks volumes about these boardroom puppets that know no shame.

Maybe when this board stop lining their pockets, give us legally binding assurances on our assets, then they can take their own lazy arses down to the BBC and HMRC and start fighting the clubs corner rather than leaving it to the fans yet again.

And pigs might fly....

You know what we want Wigs.

The_Gub
15-07-2014, 11:25
I'd say no.
They have their collective noses firmly entrenched in the trough that is Rangers FC.
They have little or no time for anything else.

I agree.

I agree with that, too.

Davemc043
15-07-2014, 11:36
I agree.

I agree with that, too.

They want the fans to take their eye off the ball by going and pursuing BBC/HMRC. Thankfully Craig and the SOS won't buy into this nonsense and getting the club off the wigs and back into safe hands is the most important thing at the moment.

We are fighting battles everywhere.

gourockblue50
15-07-2014, 12:21
The board suddenly want to communicate with us when they want to manipulate our reason for protesting:mad:

loyalistpicken
15-07-2014, 12:34

The Board have to say something Gub

The_Gub
15-07-2014, 12:44
The Board have to say something Gub

Asking the fans to take a stance against the BBC (correct as it may be) is a bit rich coming from the board when you think Sandy Easedale chose to use the same corporation to use scaremonger tactics on the eve of his colleague's 120 days review, review.

Maybe they think our attention span doesn't go back just three months.

loyalistpicken
15-07-2014, 12:50
Asking the fans to take a stance against the BBC (correct as it may be) is a bit rich coming from the board when you think Sandy Easedale chose to use the same corporation to use scaremonger tactics on the eve of his colleague's 120 days review, review.

Maybe they think our attention span doesn't go back just three months.
I hear exactly what your saying and I agree , But this mob obviously smell something in it for them as well as taking the Heat off them deflecting the current situation they are in with our Support..

chateaubleu
15-07-2014, 13:05
I hear exactly what your saying and I agree , But this mob obviously smell something in it for them as well as taking the Heat off them deflecting the current situation they are in with our Support..

I agree, but honestly, the thought of this current board defending the Club over ANYTHING makes me a wee bit sick in my mouth.

They will only stick their oar in when a) they personally are implicated in any way or b) they stand to make money from any predicaments regarding the Club.

I would imagine if HMRC or BBC got the Easdales round the table and said to them "what can we do to make this wee protest go away", they would sell us down the river.

They have nothing but contempt for us, and see us only as their money. They are the LAST people I want defending us, which is why I can only wish Craig and the rest of SoS the very best on Saturday and with their planned future protests.

The_Gub
15-07-2014, 13:06
Time will tell.

For me, I don't think there's gain of any sort for the board to pursue the line that Rangers have been the victims of a major financial scandal/fraud/crime as it only serves to prove they have been one of the biggest benefactors of it.

My feeling is that they want this all to blow over and we get back to normal, or whatever passes as normal these days.

If I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

loyalmod
15-07-2014, 13:25
142-year history

Finally the media recognise this

weeblue12
15-07-2014, 13:39
After the march on saturday the board should then unite with the fans and take on the,

hmrc & bbc and the msm also.

cw3038
15-07-2014, 13:48
142 years and 54 in the bag.

old bluebell
15-07-2014, 13:52
The board may be major shareholders, BUT they are only custodians of our GREAT heritage which it is their DUTY to defend, no matter what company were previous owners
they should be pushing all these conspiritors to the limit ,but then what do the wigs know or care about DUTY ,HERITAGE or dignity for that matter

Protester #2
15-07-2014, 13:56
Time will tell.

For me, I don't think there's gain of any sort for the board to pursue the line that Rangers have been the victims of a major financial scandal/fraud/crime as it only serves to prove they have been one of the biggest benefactors of it.

My feeling is that they want this all to blow over and we get back to normal, or whatever passes as normal these days.

The Gub gets my vote for grasping the truth yet again

Craig

DC Anchor
15-07-2014, 14:02
Time will tell.

Spot on
The last thing they want is any spotlight on or suspicious minds looking into this.

barryhopez
15-07-2014, 14:51

That's my take on it as well. They would rather deflect the object of the protest be against HMRC and/or BBC as opposed to the club.

cambridgeblue
15-07-2014, 15:00

Priorities.All.Wrong

Perhaps there is not much debate when all in agreement.

Only Wigs and bheasts are for Ibrox being leased.

mentalbox
15-07-2014, 22:06
Time will tell.

That's it , the benefactors have no axe to grind nor interest in what's right and just .