PDA

View Full Version : Where are the influential supporters of King?

bluebarney
08-05-2014, 21:52
Its obvious what damage the parasites have done to our club, the mismanagement has been breathtaking and the speculators and opportunists would just continue bleeding the club if everyone renewed.
Dave King and Richard Gough have given an alternative. Only Alex McLeish has spoken out publically in backing the scheme.
What is needed to convince the doubters is public statements from high profile Rangers men such as Walter Smith, John Greig and other former players. This would keep up the momentum and increase pressure on the board.
King and Gough should be lobbying for this high profile support.

Rex
08-05-2014, 21:59
Its obvious what damage the parasites have done to our club, the mismanagement has been breathtaking and the speculators and opportunists would just continue bleeding the club if everyone renewed.
Dave King and Richard Gough have given an alternative. Only Alex McLeish has spoken out publically in backing the scheme.
What is needed to convince the doubters is public statements from high profile Rangers men such as Walter Smith, John Greig and other former players. This would keep up the momentum and increase pressure on the board.

They have been, but Greig, McCoist and a million other committed to Rangers would never support it. People who do are detatched from Rangers, or out of a job (as a director or fat cat of RFC), will support the anti-brigade.

KirkieBlueNose
08-05-2014, 22:03
They have been, but Greig, McCoist and a million other committed to Rangers would never support it. People who do are detatched from Rangers, or out of a job, will support the anti-brigade.

You talk some nonsense :roll:

bluebarney
08-05-2014, 22:08
You talk some nonsense :roll:

I cant understand how anyone cant see what damage the current board have done and the breathtaking mismanagement they have presided over. I respect that everyone has a right to make up their own mind but comments about being out of a job is just crass and as you say, nonsense.

The Peoples Piper
08-05-2014, 22:08
They have been, but Greig, McCoist and a million other committed to Rangers would never support it. People who do are detatched from Rangers, or out of a job, will support the anti-brigade.

I know we have to indulge all manner of ignorance but sometimes a special example comes along to make it worthwhile and offer a chuckle:D

The Peoples Piper
08-05-2014, 22:11
I cant understand how anyone cant see what damage the current board have done and the breathtaking mismanagement they have presided over. I respect that everyone has a right to make up their own mind but comments about being out of a job is just crass and as you say, nonsense.

It's insulating to many that Rex labels anyone driving change from Spiv control is unemployed, but ultimately he's an alkie, usually posting from his roof whilst pressing his tongue on the phone. It's harmless ****wittery that helps underline sensible discourse further:D

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 22:12

What are the anti-brigade anti of?

A MILLION others!:roll:

KirkieBlueNose
08-05-2014, 22:13
It's insulating to many that Rex labels anyone driving change from Wig control is unemployed, but ultimately he's an alkie, usually posting from his roof whilst pressing his tongue on the phone. It's harmless ****wittery that helps underline sensible discourse further:D

I would advise him to call his doctor in the morning going by his made up comments above he's lost his marbles

bluebarney
08-05-2014, 22:16
I know we have to indulge all manner of ignorance but sometimes a special example comes along to make it worthwhile and offer a chuckle:D

I sense, by making such remarks, he has an axe to grind against fans groups

kathmandu
08-05-2014, 22:17
I really don't. Are what Gough thinks. I also wouldn't put any faith in the thoughts of John Brown, John Greig et al.
What business experience do these guys have? I would rather respected business people backed King.

Baloo72
08-05-2014, 22:18
I sense, by making such remarks, he has an axe to grind against fans groups

I see a pre-emptive strike on the rumoured support coming from former players and managers

bluebarney
08-05-2014, 22:21
I really don't. Are what Gough thinks. I also wouldn't put any faith in the thoughts of John Brown, John Greig et al.
What business experience do these guys have? I would rather respected business people backed King.

On a purely business sense you are right, but to attract positive publicity and on an emotional level it would help to get more public support from Walter etc.

foreverablue
08-05-2014, 22:21

Oh please! Far from convincing the doubters these damned empty 'statements' are only serving to agitate and antagonise many who are already opposed to the board.

Rex
08-05-2014, 22:26
It's insulating to many that Rex labels anyone driving change from Wig control is unemployed, but ultimately he's an alkie, usually posting from his roof whilst pressing his tongue on the phone. It's harmless ****wittery that helps underline sensible discourse further:D

At least you managed a few sentences, and the roof thing - such incredible wit. You must be so successful in your private life, and make so much money you should perhaps invest in the club you love and change it.

As for labeling people unemployed, that's a slur and who cares if a person is employed anyway? I am interested in your "insulating" case and you call me an "alkie". I may be mentally ill, but I have never been an "alkie" although why should either be a term of abuse?

bearfaecumbernauld
08-05-2014, 22:30
Agree with OP.

Where is Walter Smith?

Hiding behind a confidentiality agreement. ?

We have 100's of ex players and a few ex managers. Why does Souness not ask questions of the current board ?

If Ally wanted change in the boardroom all he needs to do is resign and tell the rank and file that he cannot work with the current board.

This one act would see the current board wither and die.

The Peoples Piper
08-05-2014, 22:32
At least you managed a few sentences, and the roof thing - such incredible wit. You must be so successful in your private life, and make so much money you should perhaps invest in the club you love and change it.

As for labeling people unemployed, that's a slur and who cares if a person is employed anyway? I am interested in your "insulating" case and you call me an "alkie". I may be mentally ill, but I have never been an "alkie" although why should either be a term of abuse?

You're going again Rex, it was you who highlighted that those who back change are either detached from the club or do not have a job. If you didnt mean it like that change it old bean it's unbecoming of you.

Rex
08-05-2014, 22:32
What are Dave King's plan's for the future of Rangers?

Is it wrong to ask that? Of course not, all our fans groups have put their trust in him... so how much and where does he take us from here?

smkz23
08-05-2014, 22:33
Agree with OP.

Where is Walter Smith?

Hiding behind a confidentiality agreement. ?

We have 100's of ex players and a few ex managers. Why does Souness not ask questions of the current board ?

If Ally wanted change in the boardroom all he needs to do is resign and tell the rank and file that he cannot work with the current board.

To be fair you can't really hide behind it if you are contractually barred from making comment.

simplythechamps
08-05-2014, 22:34

I agree with you Rex, you are most certainly employed.

SpongebobSquarePass
08-05-2014, 22:34
Maybe these people aren't well enough informed to speak out.

Or maybe they are better informed than us and have decided not to.

It's worrying that despite Rangers being a serious loss making business that the Easdales are buying more shares and the "institutional" investors my cover cash requirements.

In exchange for what you wonder? If they wanted the Albion Car Park and Edmiston house and £150k to loan £1.5m for a few months what security will they want for a serious cash advance?

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 22:43
What are Dave King's plan's for the future of Rangers?

Is it wrong to ask that? Of course not, all our fans groups have put their trust in him... so how much and where does he take us from here?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-insist-hell-not-3279689

KJ: You talk about increasing budgets. Shouldn’t Rangers adopt a less hubristic approach?

DK: My view is my view. I half joked to the fans that if I take over as chairman of Rangers then within six weeks some of them will be trying to get rid of me. There will always be fans who grumble. But a business plan should be based on common sense.

There are two income streams available to Rangers. One is from the fans, the other is access to the European pot. Right now Celtic own that pot.

The only way we can access that revenue is to compete with Celtic. To do that, in our first year back we are going to have to treble our wage bill as a minimum. Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four times bigger.

Somehow we must bridge the gap and understand that we will not get back to the top unless the costs lead the revenue. That won’t come from institutions, it’s going to come from soft investments. I’m willing to provide that soft money.

If we compete with Celtic then Europe looks after itself. But we are going to need a big injection of capital.

KJ: Isn’t this a high risk strategy for a club which has come through such financial trauma in the last few years?

DK: It wouldn’t be a loan. It would be equity. The club wouldn’t have to repay it.

I have lost £20m in Rangers already and I’m happy to lose another £30m because I love
the team.

I don’t want to be arrogant but it might be easier for me to lose £30m than it is for some fans to afford season tickets.

Some of them struggle to put shoes on their kids’ feet but they buy season tickets because they love Rangers. I am the same. I just happen to be in a more fortunate position and I want to do something about it. I am not going away.

KJ: You sound confident.

DK: I am. It’s a game of chess but ultimately, Rangers are too big to allow any other outcome.

KJ: People said that about administration.

DK: Not me. I said administration and liquidation was definite.

But right now, as long as there are people like me – and even if I carry the burden on my own – then Rangers will get back where they belong.

KJ: Have you ring-fenced the money you think will be required?

DK: No, but I have had discussions with my family and told them: ‘This is your inheritance I’ll be spending.’

And even though they are all South Africans they have said: ‘Dad, go for it!’

It’s their inheritance but they have said: ‘Spend it and don’t worry about it.’

KJ: After your tax issues in South Africa, you have enough cash to see this through?

DK : Of course I do. I would not be doing this otherwise. I have paid the bill for my taxes and that’s done.

I could have sat here quietly but I’m doing this because I want to do it.

Would it be irritating to lose £7m? Of course it would. But would it change my lifestyle? Not even remotely.

If I was buying Chelsea it might be slightly different.

KJ: Why not just buy the current regime out then?

DK: The club needs my money not the shareholders. Charles Green doesn’t need the money.

Rex
08-05-2014, 22:50
You're going again Rex, it was you who highlighted that those who back change are either detached from the club or do not have a job. If you didnt mean it like that change it old bean it's unbecoming of you.

I don't have a job either - that was not meant to be condescending at all. I meant a job with Rangers i.e ex-directors.

Rex
08-05-2014, 23:00
:o I wondered why people were getting all angry.

I meant people like Paul Murray and Mankini man.

I am retired and my charity helps people with mental illness and previous addictions get into jobs, so my bad.

The thought of me condemning people out of work seems a little ironic. :p

Support cluan place
08-05-2014, 23:01
Novo, goram, Ian ferguson probably they three are the players that every fan would say loved the club.
So why don't they call a press conference and shout from the high heavens about supporting king?

Broomhill Loyal
08-05-2014, 23:02
I will not be renewing nor supporting Dave king. Season ticket for 22 years. The total lack of info from Dave king and his intentions leave me baffled.

The Peoples Piper
08-05-2014, 23:03

I am retired and my charity helps people with mental illness and previous addictions get into jobs, so my bad.

I thought it was strange a one from yourself and I'm glad you've clarified what you mean. Anyway back to highlighting your subservient craziness of backing these charlatans strangling our beloved:D

alan78
08-05-2014, 23:06

Sadly Allys more interested in collecting a big pay cheque rather than doing the right thing.

Blue 9
08-05-2014, 23:10

I've missed you ya daft auld **** , hope your doing well and remembering to enjoy life rather than trying to figure it out .
Anyway enough of that let's get back to you talking shite.:D

Rex
08-05-2014, 23:20
I thought it was strange a one from yourself and I'm glad you've clarified what you mean. Anyway back to highlighting your subservient craziness of backing these charlatans strangling our beloved:D

Probably a bloody great example, at my own expense, of how people's comments can be taken out of context.

If I'd been an newbie I'd have been a tarrier and ejected.

Anyway, I don't like charlatans - inside or outside the club. I wanted Dave King and his money which became Dave King and his promise, and then Dave King the guy who wants admin 2 and his followers.

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 23:21
Probably a bloody great example, at my own expense, of how people's comments can be taken out of context.

Anyway, I don't like charlatans - inside or outside the club. I wanted Dave King and his money which became Dave King and his promise, and then Dave King the guy who wants admin 2 and his followers.

How does he want admin 2?:confused:

Job No.86/20
08-05-2014, 23:31

Is King,

the Knight on the white horse to ride in and save us with a load of cash,

paying absurd amounts to crooks in place just now,

because it was promised to them from crooks previous that if they sat it out,

the cavalry would eventually arrive

'cause these punters love the club too much'

and he would sail the club through to blue waters,

in your mind????

is that your thinking?????

Rex
08-05-2014, 23:37
Is King,

the Knight on the white horse to ride in and save us with a load of cash,

paying absurd amounts to crooks in place just now,

because it was promised to them from crooks previous that if they sat it out,

the cavalry would eventually arrive

'cause these punters love the club too much'

and he would sail the club through to blue waters,

in your mind????

is that your thinking?????

Not at all. King is the convicted crook that wants the club for nothing.

Job No.86/20
08-05-2014, 23:39

aye, very good, you obviously understand what has been stated in the media then??!!!!!!!!

and how the hell have you managed to retire??!!!:D

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 23:43

Dont talk shite. How does he want or even expect to get it "for nothing", please explain how that works?

Of course the current mob got it for nothing is that ok? (we paid back their loan and they got penny shares coming out their ears for it on top of that.)

‘The SARS business was a huge burden - one that has finally been removed. It was onerous. Very onerous given the extended time and the tying up of most of my capital during this period.’
There remains one lingering stain. As part of the plea bargain, King accepted culpability for 41 breaches of section 75 of the South Africa Income Tax Act.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591251/Dave-King-My-father-anti-football-didnt-want-Rangers-fan.html#ixzz31AOafHVB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Each charge offered the choice of paying a £5,000 fine or spending two years in custody. King opted to pay the total fine of £210,000 rather than spend 82 years in jail and maintains the offences are not serious enough to breach the SFA’s fit and proper person regulations.
He remains ‘certain’ he will pass the test, but before he reaches that stage King must find a route back into the Rangers boardroom.
He rejects criticism that he has yet to put his money where his mouth is. That he has talked a good game without buying any shares.
‘It’s not unfair to say I haven’t put my money where my mouth is,’ he insists, ‘it’s just plain wrong.
‘I repeat, I’m the man who put £20m in and didn’t get a penny back.
‘I don’t even want to put new money in. If the Rangers board can raise £20m without me than that’s the first prize.
‘I would prefer it and my family would certainly prefer it – because that’s the trust funds for my four kids taken care of.
‘But what I am saying is that if there is a fresh share issue I am willing to do it.
‘It’s quite simple really. Where Rangers are concerned, I am the last resort guy. No more than that.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591251/Dave-King-My-father-anti-football-didnt-want-Rangers-fan.html#ixzz31AOJ3gE9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Job No.86/20
09-05-2014, 00:07

King has not said he wants the club, do you understand this??

Pollok-Loyal
09-05-2014, 00:09
Away and pap shite at the moon ya feckin zoomer

The Peoples Piper
09-05-2014, 00:12

Probably a great example of posters like yourself who struggle to articulate what they are talking about. As for king and his followers, sure beats the wigs and their lemons amongst the support. Its the same mentality as the rangers fans who defied the boycott and went to tanadice cause no-one was going to tell them not to support their team, loyal and true follow follow and all that.

Our greatest strength becomes our greatest weakness when people like you and yours simply fail to understand the reality on any basic level.