PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans divided by loyalties

ian-rfc
08-05-2014, 07:42
THOSE Rangers supporters who have so far not renewed their season tickets for next season are currently facing some stark choices.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/5/24145427.jpg

Do they pledge their cash to Ibrox 1972 Ltd, the company launched by the Union of Fans group this week, and hope security will be granted over the stadium?

Or do they give their money direct to the club as usual and book their seats for home games in the SPFL Championship in the 2014/15 campaign?

Alternatively, they can sit back and see how the stand-off develops during the summer months before deciding how to proceed.

What the Light Blues fans do, and in what sort of numbers, will determine the short-term future of the troubled Glasgow club.

There is certainly backing for the scheme to withhold cash in the company that has former director Dave King and club legend Richard Gough as trustees.

That is despite the fact the Rangers board stated once again this week that it "has no intention of granting security over Ibrox to anybody".

Many fans were alarmed when it emerged that both Edmiston House and the Albion car parking facilities had been used as security for two loans of £1.5million earlier this year.

And there are serious fears that institutional investors, who have seen the share price tumble since the IPO in 2012, may seek to maximise the club's assets in future.

George Thomson, a law

student from Paisley who has been a season ticket holder for 10 years, is one of those who will be putting his money into Ibrox 1972 Ltd.

He said: "I think there comes a point where you have to say: 'Enough is enough.'

"And this, for me, is that point. I will be withholding my season ticket money from the club.

"I am unhappy at how the club is being run and have no faith in this board. I think we need change at the top in order to move on as a club and I would like to see Dave King involved.

"He is a Rangers fan and has money that he is prepared to invest that could make a real difference to us. How many of the current directors or investors can say that?"

Yet, there are also many supporters who are unsettled by the path being taken by King and the Union of Fans and the implications it may have for Rangers.

David Somers, the club chairman, has stated there would be a serious doubt over the Govan club's ability to continue as a going concern if fans withheld their cash.

James Clark-Dick, a retired quantity surveyor from Uddingston who has been a season ticket holder at Ibrox for nearly 30 years, is against the plan.

He will be renewing the three season tickets he has in the Copland Road Stand - he attends every home game with his wife and daughter - and believes he is in a "silent majority".

He feels that withholding money from Rangers in the coming weeks could actually help to bring about the eventuality that King and the Union of Fans are hoping to avoid.

"Withholding season ticket money from the club this

summer until security is

granted over Ibrox seems like a ludicrous idea to me," he said. "I don't think it is the right way to go.

"My worry is that if you push the shareholders enough then that (utilising the club assets) is just exactly what they might do. It might be what they have to do."

The 63-year-old feels there are many Rangers fans like him whose views are not being represented by the supporters' organisations which comprise the Union of Fans.

"I have met and spoken to Chris Graham (the Union of Fans spokesman) on a few

occasions in the past and he came across well," he said.

"But Chris and others like him are described as fans' representatives. Well, I am a fan and I don't have a representative."

Given the gross mismanagement of previous regimes at Rangers, Mr Clark-Dick admitted he was "cautious" about the current custodians of the club.

However, he also has serious misgivings about South Africa-based businessman King

getting involved and the company that he has set up.

He said: "I'm not pro-board and I'm not anti-board. I'm neither. I'm pro-Rangers. And I don't think this idea to withhold season ticket money is a great idea.

"If it hadn't been for this campaign then I think we would have been all right. And apart from this season ticket fund, I don't know what plan Dave King has for the club.

"Everybody has criticised the Rangers review. But what more did people expect? You are only ever going to get the bare bones of a business plan in a review.

"I have been a shareholder for 30 years. The last batch of shares I bought were the fourth lot I have acquired. And the review is the most information I have had out of Rangers during that time.

"They detailed exactly where the £67million went. They showed that £26m was used up in one-off costs.

"That is the most clarity we have had."

What the future holds for Rangers, though, will remain shrouded in uncertainty until it emerges how many supporters have renewed season tickets and how many have withheld.

At the moment, it is too close to call.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-fans-divided-by-loyalties-162650n.24161559

blu14evr
08-05-2014, 07:53
Oh dear Mr Dick......things are coming to a head and you are content to look the other way, cross your fingers and hope things will be "ok"....

Tostao
08-05-2014, 07:58
120 days to tell us we spunked 67m. Easily pleased Mr Dick

bluestreak
08-05-2014, 08:09
'He will be renewing the three season tickets he has in the Copland Road Stand'

Well done you treacherous dog.

Dick by name, Dick by nature :(

Treachery you say, he is a highly educated person by the sound of him, and I have joined him in the Copland Road.

bluebarney
08-05-2014, 08:18
I cant understand those who support the current board, prop up their mismanagement and seem to have buried their heads in the sand. Cant those who are renewing not see where their cash is going? Wallaces inflated salary and 100% bonus, having to get a crisis loan despite the share issue and gates of over 40K every home game? Its been mismanagement at the highest level. Renewing will just allow them to keep their snouts in the trough.
Time to bring this to a head, starve them out, they are not Rangers men just opportunists and speculators. How can some folk not see that?

Denver_Ba
08-05-2014, 08:21
"If it hadn't been for this campaign then I think we would have been all right

Uh-oh...

How do you deal with lies like that?

xelaxela
08-05-2014, 08:24
Mr Dick should really have a wee read of the Guardian article on the Coventry City post. It may open his educated eyes to what really lies in store for Rangers unless the cancer that is the present board and investors is cut out. I also have three season tickets for the Govan rear and have been going to see my club for almost sixty years now but these bastards are not getting another penny from me. It is time to let this shower of shite know what No Surrender really means !

Denver_Ba
08-05-2014, 08:26
This place is rapidly turning into a focal point for those who wish to slag Rangers supporters.

The guy is Rangers through and through but all he'll get from many on here is abuse.
Utterly counter-productive and rather sad.

One of his points is silly though and had been proved to bull shit by the revelations the credit agent wasn't interested long before the season ticket fund campaign.

It does question the mind set of people who are perfectly happy to ignore this stuff and give money to the Graham Wallace bonus fund.

derta
08-05-2014, 08:29
Treachery you say, he is a highly educated person by the sound of him, and I have joined him in the Copland Road.

Many people are educated others are intelligent. Mr Dick may be educated.

Jose Calypso
08-05-2014, 08:32
"They detailed exactly where the £67m has gone"
Aye no bother

The Big Cheese
08-05-2014, 08:37
Mr Dick...what do we do when the money runs out?
Accept loans from Laxey,secured on our assets?

The Big Cheese
08-05-2014, 08:39
I thought mindless abuse of Gers fans is a banning offence?

I am firmly in the anti board camp but ive spoken at length to my brother and he and his family are saying the same thing as Mr Dick and will renew.

Then ask them the question of what happens when the money runs out!!!
Remember we sold 36000 ST's and ran out of cash in Feb. We won't shift anything like that number this year.
Ask the question.

Wickerman74
08-05-2014, 08:43
What other club would right off 26m as one off costs?

All that was missing from the article was the opinion of a Declan McCarthy and Phil three names.

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 08:48
Mr.Dick is entitled to his opinion, as flawed as it may be, but we shouldn't descend to personal abuse of him lets leave that kind of stuff to other forums and social media.

I am not starving my club or killing it if I opt to buy my ticket on a game by game basis, nor am I starving it if I choose to ask them to give security or guarantees of our stadium or training facility.

jessrfcnumber1
08-05-2014, 08:48
Then ask them the question of what happens when the money runs out!!!
Remember we sold 36000 ST's and ran out of cash in Feb. We won't shift anything like that number this year.
Ask the question.

I asked my brother, he doesn't care about money he wants to see a team on the park, he thinks Murray was a good guy and he loves Ally.
There are thousands of supporters like this who will NOT be educated.

sodjerblue
08-05-2014, 08:58
I thought mindless abuse of Gers fans is a banning offence?

I am firmly in the anti board camp but ive spoken at length to my brother and he and his family are saying the same thing as Mr Dick and will renew.

I feel same mate. I could happily chase our board down edmiston drive with water balloons filled with pish, it doesn't encourage me to slaughter every bear with different opinion. I try to challenge their reasoning, but not through crass insults.

200000 Heroes
08-05-2014, 09:08
THOSE Rangers supporters who have so far not renewed their season tickets for next season are currently facing some stark choices.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2014/5/24145427.jpg

"They detailed exactly where the £67million went. They showed that £26m was used up in one-off costs.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-fans-divided-by-loyalties-162650n.24161559

67million spunked in 18 months, including 26 million :eek: in one off costs (=commissions, pay offs, sp1vs pocket liners) and Old Mr Dick is happy with that.

Jesus H Christ

turrabear
08-05-2014, 09:11
I can't believe the aggresion of the comments against a fellow bear.
Big deal, he doesn't agree with you! Educate rather than condemn.

Can i also point out, that it was the collective phuqwittery of this board and it's leaders and associated "Fans groups" that licked the balls of Whyte and Green at the start.

So it is little wonder that there are less sheep following the party line this time around.
The collective opinion of this board has had it's credibility shot tae phuq!

some of our fans you simply can't educate as they honestly think they are helping the club. even though in the long run they are not.

Laudrup1
08-05-2014, 09:24
67million spunked in 18 months, including 26 million :eek: in one off costs (=commissions, pay offs, sp1vs pocket liners) and Old Mr Dick is happy with that.

Jesus H Christ

Yeah but "this campaign" caused that too I imagine. :roll:

Ozbarcode
08-05-2014, 09:24
Showing loyalty and love for our club means withholding your hard earned cash until we get people in that we can trust again.

Anyone paying their cash up front is just prolonging the pain and delaying the inevitable. That kind of loyalty and love is blind. Commendable but naive.

Mr Dick must have been looking at a different report as I am yet to see the detailed breakdown of what the 26m in one-off costs and 41m in regular costs are. Sometimes you only see what you want to see and that can be made all the more difficult if your head is in the sand.

Grandmaster_Suck
08-05-2014, 09:25
Keep the discussion civil pease folks. Thanks.

SMARTIELOYAL
08-05-2014, 09:31
Everyone is entitled to their opinion United we stand divided we fall and we are certainly divided at present.

pollokprod
08-05-2014, 09:33
Everyone is entitled to their opinion United we stand divided we fall and we are certainly divided at present.

We will fall and fan groups and egos will be the main cause of this. The hatred shown by other towards people that support the same club has done more damage the the tims could ever do.

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 09:37
My problem with the 'I will renew in case they take my club away' guys is this:

What do you intend to DO to put pressure on board? They have your money...so now what? You say no-one represents you...so how will you organise? I assume most people renewing still don't support board or owners so how will this be shown in a way that they will notice and react to? Protests from within are fine, and very welcome, but I've heard nothing so far about this...

Walk outs after an hour?
More red card protests?
Arrive late - stadium empty until 18 minutes?

If you simply renew, turn up, sit quietly, and then go home...you'll have aided them and achieved nothing for the club at all. You will all need to consider how you intend to make match day uncomfortable for them from your - clearly vastly important - seat.

PartickGer
08-05-2014, 09:46
Buying season tickets is only delaying the inevitable for a few months, they spunked £70m in 18 months, how long will it take them to burn through a few million of ST cash?

PartickGer
08-05-2014, 09:49

What do you intend to DO to put pressure on board? They have your money...so now what? You say no-one represents you...so how will you organise? I assume most people renewing still don't support board or owners so how will this be shown in a way that they will notice and react to? Protests from within are fine, and very welcome, but I've heard nothing so far about this...

Walk outs after an hour?
More red card protests?

If you simply renew, turn up, sit quietly, and then go home...you'll have aided them and achieved nothing for the club at all. You will all need to consider how you intend to make match day uncomfortable for them from your - clearly vastly important - seat.

Probably one of those who tuts when BF1 chant 'sack the board' but will be on the news greeting when we it all goes tits up.

What the scumbags have managed successfully is to create division within the support, seems to be the easiest thing to achieve at the club.

Denver_Ba
08-05-2014, 09:51
I love the way the D K supporters keep telling us he is willing to invest 30 million. Always forgetting to mention Craig White was going to put 25 million in the club

Should we mention McTurdo telling us BPH putting in £50million :blink: ?

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 09:53
Yes, same Dave King who put in and lost £20m....remind me jbbookes how much these charlatans have put in? Even to the nearest '**** all' would be fine.

PartickGer
08-05-2014, 09:53
I love the way the D K supporters keep telling us he is willing to invest 30 million. Always forgetting to mention Craig White was going to put 25 million in the club

Yes, because Dave King hasn't put a penny of his own money before, has he? :roll:

Since when did it become about supporting individuals. We have a board in place taking us to hell, anyone genuinely willing to put the club first is welcome.

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 09:55

So what does Dk investing have to do with this thread or the UoF attempt to secure the assets of our club?:confused:

Irrespective of DK investing or not would you like to see the assets of the club secured yes or no?

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 09:57
Also jbbookes - why wouldn't board 'put assets safely beyond reach'?

They could easily agree not to give them to fans but sign a document stating they won't be sold, or ever used to access loans. They could do it tomorrow...have it witnessed by their lawyer, Gough, etc and locked in vault.

Grandmaster_Suck
08-05-2014, 09:58
The Spivs will play on fans genuine fears like Ally Bain knocking out a Highland jig.

The_Gub
08-05-2014, 10:00

I don't remember most of us going all gaga over Whyte. I think most of us wanted to trust him after Murray, the way they would have trusted anyone. New broom etc.

No one truly had an idea what Whyte was really up to and since then it's been Green, his little asian friend and now the present shower of garbage. A litany of crooks.

Is it any wonder some are pinning their hopes on an actual Rangers man showing an interest after what has befallen us the last couple of years in particular?

superrangers
08-05-2014, 10:01

Walk outs after an hour?
More red card protests?

The issue with many, including this Dick chap is that people just make their mind up refuse to see facts. This guy's head is so far in the sand, I wonder who'll go with his wife and daughter once he suffocates.

The big danger with this kind of fan is that you almost push them further away by trying to educate them.

I think if we can get our club back it will be in spite of people like this, who are ultimately only helping the board to strengthen their position.

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 10:04
You know...just know....that Mr Dick will simply go along and not actually pressurise owners or board at all. Such a weak stance to take...I also loathe the language used, also used by a pal of my Dad's last week:

"They might not let us have a club....they'll shut us down....we can't antagonise them...."

Such a 'cringe' from our fans...fans crushed by apathy after Murray's era when he spoonfed us tranquilisers for decades. We've never properly woken up.

(People who genuinely back board and owners are not really for this thread, or message board, as we cannot help them...no-one can)

pollokprod
08-05-2014, 10:04
I don't remember most of us going all gaga over Whyte. I think most of us wanted to trust him after Murray, the way they would have trusted anyone. New broom etc.

No one truly had an idea what Whyte was really up to and since then it's been Green, his little asian friend and now the present shower of garbage. A litany of crooks.

Is it any wonder some are pinning their hopes on an actual Rangers man showing an interest after what has befallen us the last couple of years in particular?

I would hope that if he was that intrested he would be over here in Glasgow talking to Rangers fans, phone inns also press conferences. Putting more and more pressure on the current board.

We as fans are now powerless. The divisions within our support will kill us off.

Denver_Ba
08-05-2014, 10:05
This season ticket thing is going to cause a massive divide in the support. People will be thumping their chest shouting am a bigger fan than you because I have a season ticket or didn't buy one. I'm not buying a season ticket because nobody can convince me my money is going to the club or for the good of the club. It will be wasted or benefit people who offer nothing to Rangers. I'm not putting it into the UoF fund as I don't think the plan is right. I will continue to attend matches by buying a ticket each week (home and away).

barryhopez
08-05-2014, 10:06
Also jbbookes - why wouldn't board 'put assets safely beyond reach'?

They could easily agree not to give them to fans but sign a document stating they won't be sold, or ever used to access loans. They could do it tomorrow...have it witnessed by their lawyer, Gough, etc and locked in vault.

I wish they would put the assests safely beyond reach bound by a legal document.

The part of highlighted I don't see happening. If the current board do that, and include Richard Gough, then it would appear that they are bowing under pressure.

Rangers season ticket holders and people who thought about buying or renewing are 100% caught in a dilemma of loyalty. I'd suggest that some people who will renew will see not renewing as betraying the club, and may have been sucked in by the whole 'legacy' offensive.

On the other side, people who will not renew and will not buy are supportive of Dave King as it's clear that the current, and previous, board have been playing Monopoly with the clubs finances for far to long.

Personal abuse will not see people change their views, in fact the opposite will happen and will strengthen their resolve to say 'you're not telling me what to do'.

barryhopez
08-05-2014, 10:09
This season ticket thing is going to cause a massive divide in the support. People will be thumping their chest shouting am a bigger fan than you because I have a season ticket or didn't buy one. I'm not buying a season ticket because nobody can convince me my money is going to the club or for the good of the club. It will be wasted or benefit people who offer nothing to Rangers. I'm not putting it into the UoF fund as I don't think the plan is right. I will continue to attend matches by buying a ticket each week (home and away).

It was the same when Charles Green was dishing out cups of tea and getting his pictures taken like some kind of Demi God at Ibrox. I remember a thread on here with a season ticket holder being pretty snide against people who didn't renew.

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 10:10
barry

My plan offers a 'get out' for both sides - Dave King doesn't get assets, or title to them - but board also agree not to use them in ANY way.

Surely both sides would accept that compromise?

pollokprod
08-05-2014, 10:15
barry

My plan offers a 'get out' for both sides - Dave King doesn't get assets, or title to them - but board also agree not to use them in ANY way.

Can they but ? As in the board. From the start we have wanted the whole shouting match whereas we should have picked away at them one by one.

barryhopez
barry

I totally agree with your plan. Draw up a legal document to confirm the assets won't be used for 100 years, then reviewed or infinitely. My only thoughts were that due to the 'statement jousting' going on then maybe the board will see it as a sign of weakness to have one of what they view as the other side involved in the process. Essentially ego may dictate.

Tomted
Anyone with half a brain will be able to figure out that the welfare of our club is by no means the top priority for those who occupy our boardroom. It may be that I only have half a brain but I find the Dave King led initiative to be unconvincing. Suspect that there will be others who are facing the same difficulty.

gourockeastenclosure
08-05-2014, 10:22
Anyone with half a brain will be able to figure out that the welfare of our club is by no means the top priority for those who occupy our boardroom. It may be that I only have half a brain but I find the Dave King led initiative to be unconvincing. Suspect that there will be others who are facing the same difficulty.

Dave King could spend a relitively small amount to buy key shareholders out and take over the club.
I don't buy the "he doesn't want to reward them" stuff.
He simply wants the club for free.

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 10:23
I totally agree with your plan. Draw up a legal document to confirm the assets won't be used for 100 years, then reviewed or infinitely. My only thoughts were that due to the 'statement jousting' going on then maybe the board will see it as a sign of weakness to have one of what they view as the other side involved in the process. Essentially ego may dictate.

My own view is slightly different as to why they won't do this...and more cynical.

ZanderMc
08-05-2014, 10:25

Comparing Whyte to King? You are either fishing or nuts:eek:

The big difference is King is a proven businessman who has put money into Rangers in the past and is widely known to be a bear.

Whyte made all these claims about being a bear that nobody could back up, had never been involved with us in the past and most of all was a known con artist.

blu14evr
08-05-2014, 10:32
Dave King could spend a relitively small amount to buy key shareholders out and take over the club.
I don't buy the "he doesn't want to reward them" stuff.
He simply wants the club for free.

How many times is this nonsense going to be spouted?

BBBlueBear
08-05-2014, 10:34
The problem is, that many of us actually agree, in principle, with Mr Dick.

I too, think that this board will sell off the assets like Ibrox & Auchinhowie and lease them back, well before we go into administration. They will do this, and will do it why laying the blame squarely at the feet of the fans for not renewing STs.

The way I see it, the only way to rid ourselves of this board, is to buy them out. But how we actually do that, is another question. :(

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 10:37
BBBlueBear

I'll ask again...if you renew (your choice entirely) what will you DO to make life unpleasant for them and remove them? If you and others admit that fear is forcing a renewal and that you don't trust the board what can be done AFTER they have your money?

No-one has yet told me about that 'Plan B'...you 'save club' by renewing. Then what? How can you stop Easedales giving finger to fans from windows in Main Stand? How do we get rid of the hedge funds if we all renew every year? Every group needs a plan, even the 'I will renew but don't trust wigs' group.

blu14evr
08-05-2014, 10:41
The problem is, that many of us actually agree, in principle, with Mr Dick.

I too, think that this board will sell off the assets like Ibrox & Auchinhowie and lease them back, well before we go into administration. They will do this, and will do it why laying the blame squarely at the feet of the fans for not renewing STs.

The way I see it, the only way to rid ourselves of this board, is to buy them out. But how we actually do that, is another question. :(

The problem is....there is no way to 'buy them out' on their terms. King knows this and that is why he ruled it out from the start. Otherwise he is in the position of asking greedy wigs to er? 'name their price!'.....I wonder what would happen then? How much...?:eek:

King buys the club only when the wigs see there is no other option than to sell up and get out before they lose everything. King cannot go to them and ask them to name their price because the wigs would still be in the box seat.

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 10:41
I would hope that if he was that intrested he would be over here in Glasgow talking to Rangers fans, phone inns also press conferences. Putting more and more pressure on the current board.

We as fans are now powerless. The divisions within our support will kill us off.

We are NOT powerless, we have an option to say secure our assets, assure us no sale or leaseback we have this once a year.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-insist-hell-not-3279689

KJ: You have been accused of muddying the waters and taking a huge backward step. Can you explain your position?

DK: Quite frankly I don’t give a damn what people say or write about me.

I will do whatever I think is best for me. The media and the fans will make no difference to my success or failure.

KJ: So what is the key then?

DK: That’s obvious. The fans and the media have been all over this for a couple of years but there’s been no change. We had an agm which in my view was badly timed. You are not going to achieve regime change based on irritation.

This is a boardroom decision, it’s a business transaction, and that’s what will decide the future.

blu14evr
08-05-2014, 10:45
We are NOT powerless, we have an option to say secure our assets, assure us no sale or leaseback we have this once a year.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-insist-hell-not-3279689

Dont think you can take that comment about media/fans at face value.....fan pressure has got King into the game.....but yes the fans alone cant overthrow the board. What he is saying is that money will change hands....eventually. On his terms tho, not theirs.

gourockeastenclosure
08-05-2014, 10:47
How many times is this nonsense going to be spouted?

In what way is it nonsense?

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 10:50
Dont think you can take that comment about media/fans at face value.....fan pressure has got King into the game.....but yes the fans alone cant overthrow the board. What he is saying is that money will change hands....eventually. On his terms tho, not theirs.

King acknowledged fans got him to where he was and thanked them, he then apologised in some form (cant remember the exact words) for trusting this board as fans had said not to.

No doubt his opinion and plan has changed and will do so again as predicting the boards erratic behaviour is difficult as they continually contradict themselves.

What I took from that comment in the interview is that he will not be in an endless round of tit for tat rounds of media spats with the board and is probably why he is not here or in the media as much as some hope or expect.

BBBlueBear
08-05-2014, 10:52
BBBlueBear

I'll ask again...if you renew (your choice entirely) what will you DO to make life unpleasant for them and remove them? If you and others admit that fear is forcing a renewal and that you don't trust the board what can be done AFTER they have your money?

No-one has yet told me about that 'Plan B'...you 'save club' by renewing. Then what? How can you stop Easedales giving finger to fans from windows in Main Stand? How do we get rid of the hedge funds if we all renew every year? Every group needs a plan, even the 'I will renew but don't trust wigs' group.

I never once said we are saving the club by renewing. I was going to renew, but not now they want the cash up front.

I dont have a plan B, C or D. My opinion is that this board and main shareholders will get rich, one way or the other. This whole "i dont want to give them my money, or DK saying he wont buy them out", doesnt fill me with any confidence that starving them of money will force them out.

I strongly believe this shower of ....... running our club will still sell off the assets then blame us for withholding the ST money. They already lied and tried to blame us for the credit card company wanting securities, so nothing will surprise me when this board sell Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

Now my plan....would be for DK to buy out the wigs, then get the Rangers fans to pay him back while transferring ownership to the fans. Could we pay £150-200 extra a season for the STs over 5 yrs to pay him back? Who knows, but I honestly do not think just withholding ST cash will make this board leave our club! :confused:

Earl of Leven
08-05-2014, 10:52
In what way is it nonsense?

Dave King has stated repeatedly that it's not a bottomless pit he has and that very penny to wigs is a penny less for club...he doesn't want to have £50m and give (for example) £30m to them just to leave us alone.

he wants as much as possible to go to stadium, football side etc/

gourockeastenclosure
08-05-2014, 10:58
Dave King has stated repeatedly that it's not a bottomless pit he has and that very penny to wigs is a penny less for club...he doesn't want to have £50m and give (for example) £30m to them just to leave us alone.

he wants as much as possible to go to stadium, football side etc/

The whole club is worth far less than £30million.

£6-£8 million (probably less would actually be required) in the correct direction (Laxey) would be enough to gain control if he secured the proxies of the fans.

No one is leaving without being weighed in

Soda Lug
08-05-2014, 10:59
I never once said we are saving the club by renewing. I was going to renew, but not now they want the cash up front.

I dont have a plan B, C or D. My opinion is that this board and main shareholders will get rich, one way or the other. This whole "i dont want to give them my money, or DK saying he wont buy them out", doesnt fill me with any confidence that starving them of money will force them out.

I strongly believe this shower of ....... running our club will still sell off the assets then blame us for withholding the ST money. They already lied and tried to blame us for the credit card company wanting securities, so nothing will surprise me when this board sell Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

Now my plan....would be for DK to buy out the wigs, then get the Rangers fans to pay him back while transferring ownership to the fans. Could we pay £150-200 extra a season for the STs over 5 yrs to pay him back? Who knows, but I honestly do not think just withholding ST cash will make this board leave our club! :confused:

I am just not giving them cash up front unless they assure me they are not selling our stadium or training ground, is that too much to ask?

I will go on a game to game basis, that is not starving them out either. It is however making them aware they cant take my money and loyalty for granted. it makes me no less a fan or loyal to go on a game to game basis than it does to hand over all my cash up front and hope they dont waste it again. If anything it will maybe make them realise they need to up their game to count on getting my cash.

sparkafag
08-05-2014, 11:00
The whole thing is a ****en shambles.

I will go weekly in the hope that my bridging funds keep us going long enough for something to change.

BBBlueBear
08-05-2014, 11:09
I am just not giving them cash up front unless they assure me they are not selling our stadium or training ground, is that too much to ask?

I will go on a game to game basis, that is not starving them out either. It is however making them aware they cant take my money and loyalty for granted. it makes me no less a fan or loyal to go on a game to game basis than it does to hand over all my cash up front and hope they dont waste it again. If anything it will maybe make them realise they need to up their game to count on getting my cash.

I agree with you, I too will be attending on a week to week basis. Its tearing me up inside, as I honestly cannot remember the last time we actually had good news as Rangers fans.

Even when we "won" the BTC, it was more relief than happiness. Even though the outcome really didnt matter, as the ownership had been transferred, I still wanted to win the BTC to prevent the mhanks having any more fuel on us. Same with the mhanks attempt at taking titles, I was more relieved this was thrown out.

But there does get to a point where your senses are dulled with the constant negativity surrounding the club. I honestly believe we will lose a lot of fans who dont renew. not everyone will attend on a week to week basis. There will be a good percentage of fans who become armchair fans and stop attending Ibrox all together. :(

Laudrup1
08-05-2014, 11:10
You know...just know....that Mr Dick will simply go along and not actually pressurise owners or board at all. Such a weak stance to take...I also loathe the language used, also used by a pal of my Dad's last week:

"They might not let us have a club....they'll shut us down....we can't antagonise them...."

Such a 'cringe' from our fans...fans crushed by apathy after Murray's era when he spoonfed us tranquilisers for decades. We've never properly woken up.

(People who genuinely back board and owners are not really for this thread, or message board, as we cannot help them...no-one can)

There was a poster on the SoS facebook page (Sean something or other) who has been arguing the board's case for weeks.

Finally the other nights, the SoS page suggested some fans were being brainwashed by the board and Sean spat the dummy and said "that's exactly why I don't like you guys. You insult Rangers fans. That's me decided, I'm definitely not backing the Sos ST trust campaign"

He'd decided weeks back and was just looking for an excuse. There's thousands more like him who just don't think clearly about things despite what is being presented to them.

This time round, even more so than the Whyte situation when few of us thought it could ever become THAT bad, it's plainly evident that some folk in our support are too thick to see anything of sense.

I take on board that some have viewpoints that differ for varying (and valid) reasons at times. However, some fans are just stupid.

GodStruth
08-05-2014, 11:15
See the thing is, I'm not divided by loyalties at all.

I know I am doing the right thing by Rangers when I dont renew my ST and dont buy merchandise. If 36,000 renew what happens? At best we are in the same position as present in 6 months - and the spivs will have had further opportunities to offer contracts to friends and undertake other forms of skimming

Zeus/Laxey want to sell and leaseback the stadium/Auchinhowie - whether it happens in August or February it will happen - unless they are removed

blu14evr
08-05-2014, 11:17
The whole club is worth far less than £30million.

£6-£8 million (probably less would actually be required) in the correct direction (Laxey) would be enough to gain control if he secured the proxies of the fans.

No one is leaving without being weighed in

The club is 'worth' what the seller demands. Until the wigs feel they have to sell there will be no sale. Talking 6-8m at this stage is way, way off beam.

dublinbluenose
08-05-2014, 11:18
I actually think the people renewing are the noisy minority,two bears I know from back home who have had season tickets for as long as I can remember arent renewing till there is certainty and the future of the club is secured.

cambridgeblue
08-05-2014, 11:24
Zeus/Laxey want to sell and leaseback the stadium/Auchinhowie - whether it happens in August or February it will happen - unless they are removed

So why not pre-empt them - you'd have to be a mug to buy just the club off the wigs - I can't see DK buying the brand not the bricks - tell them in advance there is not interest in that.

GodStruth
08-05-2014, 11:25
So why not pre-empt them - you'd have to be a mug to buy just the club off the wigs - I can't see DK buying the brand not the bricks - tell them in advance there is not interest in that.

Agreed - will be interesting to see Kings next move